Do these carbs suit Ts ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Do these carbs suit Ts ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Olson on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Any comments from someone using the Model"D" Schebler?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Those Stromberg carbs have a spring loaded secondary air inlet for smoother transition between speeds, which seems like a good idea. Unfortunately the air flow has to follow a tortured path to get to the intake manifold. This hurts performance compared to a simpler, straight path.

I have one of the type "B" Strombergs with intake for a Model T in the 1" size. It is new old stock, there are lots of them around in new condition for some reason. There's one on eBay right now just like mine for $495. I paid less than $200 for mine last year on eBay.

The Scheblers all make the air go 90 degrees, again a poor idea. They run smooth and work fine, just don't perform as well as other carbs with similar inlet venturi sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Olson on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 08:23 am:

Thanks for the perspective Royce. It is amazing what keeps coming up on eBay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRASS-STROMBERG-B-no-3-CARBURETOR-w-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-Model-T-Ford-Original-B3-/222385860977?hash=item33c73af171:g:-1cAAOSwgY9XdIyn&vxp=mtr

I have one that is in much better shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Seems to be about 1915 vintage from the advertising - and it suits a pre generator car, since the Stroberg B carb would be in the way of a 1919-27 generator.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration