Fed Ex came today....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fed Ex came today....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Got home from work and found five huge boxes of parts for the 26 Touring. The boxes contain new body parts from Rootlieb. I have new front fenders, hood, running boards and splash aprons. I decided rather than trying to fix what I had, I'd start with new sheet metal. I'm going to be fitting them this weekend to make sure they fit perfectly before I drill any holes. Then I'm going to have them painted so I can assemble them on the car. I'll try to post pics as soon as I do the test fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

I love seeing a box of T parts arrive! Will be waiting for pics.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:02 am:

Christmas in February what a great way to chase away the winter blues!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Hi Mike now let the fun begins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:22 am:

There's nothing like a box of new parts. If they fit well you are way ahead of trying to straighten the old ones. It just takes a while to get over spending the money.
Happy Days.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I got a little bit of time today to try fitting the parts. I got the right side pretty much all set. They all line up perfect except for one very minor spot where I had to re-drill one hole.

I'm going to try to get the left side all mounted on Sunday. I'll take more pics once its all set.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

I got a package in the mail today myself with parts for RPU. Looks great Michael. Thanks for posting pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Got the other side mounted today with some help from Ralph (another forum member). It took us a bit longer to do the second one than it did to do the first one. Things didn't line up quite as easy and we needed to make sure it was perfect. Still have a tiny bit of tweaking to get it perfect but it's getting close. Starting to look like a car again...Can't wait to see it in paint with the body on too! Here's a few more pics from today.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:25 am:

That's gawgeous! So strange, new tin for a 90 year old car. Look at those lovely lines!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration