Diameter of Brake Drums

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Diameter of Brake Drums
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:16 am:

My 1924 model T touring brake drums are 8 inches in diameter, but I hear the 26, 27 model Ts are the large drums. Are the 26, 27 larger in diameter (like 12 inches) or width?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:49 am:

You are correct, the 26/27 "Improved" Fords use a larger drum, though I don't know the diameter it it very noticeably larger. Or should I say the pre 26/7 drum looks positively tiny by comparison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

The 26/27 are about 11 inches in diameter and a little wider. You have to have the 26/27 rear end to use the larger 26/27 drums and shoes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Thanks a bunch !!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration