16 Horsepower, Really!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 16 Horsepower, Really!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

Ran across this photo and thought you guys might like a change. Can you imagine the skill it took to manage these ponies?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Them thar ponies shore have big ears!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

Seems like I can remember Ronald Reagan doing some some '20 Mule Team Borax' advertising on "Death Valley Days"? Maybe I am revealing my age?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Even back then, there were a 'couple of spares' in reserve....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Good Stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-mule_team

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSLqR6cAVo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

Driving those mules is a lot of work. I wonder how many mules they lost driving them across the desert back in the day. Pulling ten tons of product had to be a lot of work for the mules in the heat of the desert. Back when I was a teenager I used a horse to pull logs out to a landing so they could be cut up and loaded on a truck. Most times we only hooked one log at a time and sent her on her way to the landing. She never needed anyone with her she just knew where to go on her own after the first couple of trips. We would pull two logs and let her rest for an hour. We got a lot of jobs on state land as they did not want machinery on the land. Sometimes I do miss doing that kind of work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

30+ tons total with the wagons and water! You can see the remains of some of those wagons if you visit Death Valley. 125 degrees when I was there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:31 am:

In 1962 I saw this slogan on a washroom wall in Death Valley:

"Use Boraxo and have your wash smell like a 20 mule team"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration