Milwaukee,Wisconsin Ford Plant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Milwaukee,Wisconsin Ford Plant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 10:07 am:

This was posted on Fordbarn.com. I sent him a note suggesting posting his question here, he asked if I could repost here for him.

Milwaukee,Wisconsin Ford Plant
HI:

I just thought that I would bounce this off you guys and maybe one of you might have a post card or two but I'm doing some research on that Ford Plant in Milwaukee Wisconsin and I'm looking for any pics of it from the inside or outside of that plant when it was building the Model T's and A's.

As that building also had a service center in one part of that building and another part of that building at one time was a hospital for a time that was when the Model T's where still being made in there as I'm still looking for more information on that.

So if some one has anything even a news paper clipping would be great as that plant was built in 1914 on into the 40's so from that era as I'm looking for what ever I can get out of putting ads on here from time to time and other places just to get as much information on that Plant as I can.

Thanks let me know Reggiedog

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214141

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Take it that Reggiedog has visited the Wisconsin Historic Society office in person to look at the records and photos that are stored there.

This link give details:

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Content.aspx?dsNav=N:4294963828-4294963814&dsRec ordDetails=R:HI107185

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

I am sorry I can't help with pictures.
The image pictured below is from one of my Lorin Sorensen books.
"The Ford Factory"

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Yes:

I have talked to Joel from the state H/S Before and I have all of what they have on hand and from the H/S from the Milwaukee County and the city H/S I have also talked to all of them and I have all of there information that they all have also.

As I have allot of information on the Ford Plant in Milwaukee already as I've been doing research on that plant for over a year now.

It's just now that the newspaper there took everything off-line I can't get the information.

And I was putting ads in that paper for any information on that plant but now they don't let you do that so that's out.

Plus I have been to every city county office to get all of the information that I can get from them and I got allot of info from just that search.

So now I'm trying to go to the people all around the US and where ever to see what I can get out of that cause I'm missing allot of info yet on the Hospital for 1.

And when that was there what year that was as I already know what floors were the Hospitals in that building it's just I don't know when it was there.

I know it was when they were building the "T's" but I don't know when that started or ended and or I don't have any pictures of that plant.

When it was up and running any thing from the "T's" or the "A's" as that plant was closed in 1942/3 as far as the records go on that plant.

At any part of that building would be great the Hospital or the service center part or the factory part would be great to have any pictures of.

Any kind of pictures for now of that building would be great as I don't have either outside or inside either one of them would be great to get.

Thanks Reggiedog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

I'm also looking for the "R" on the front cross brace. As anyone that lives around the Milwaukee area you might have the "R" Stamping. On the Front brace in your car or truck. As this is a study that I'm doing right now. As I'm researching that Milwaukee Ford Plant and have been for over a year now. So if any of you would check your front brace and see if it has the "R" Stamping on it. As I have to find as many of them as I can so I can get the "R" Stamping Documented to the Milwaukee Plant as well as the Richmond, CA. Plant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Jeff: last week I cleaned up a '27 front brace I found in Wis many years ago. It's the solid one piece brace, and it had a 1937 Wis truck plate still attached. All I found was a 'Ford' script on the top side at the middle, which obviously proves nothing. Good luck in your search. jb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration