Are these any good?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Are these any good?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 10:55 am:

They seem like it would make it easier to change a tire when needed but, do they really work well?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222398484419?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack =true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162382817215?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack =true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I have one like the first link, it is fairly useful for removing a stubborn tire, especially if the beads of the tire are stuck inside the rim pockets.

Still not an easy job, even with the tool. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Yes, but not for over 200! When at home in my shop I have used a C clamp to break the bead.

I've only had one flat tire and this was recently in the rear with a 30 X 3 1/2. When I got stopped the tire had already came loose from the bead and that might be the norm when your out driving. Not the same when in the shop and mounting new tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Like Mark, I have the first tool. Handy for breaking the bead in the shop, but even better for pulling the tire off the rim. I have NOT found it to be very handy for installing the tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

I have the first tool and it works better at getting a tire off than getting a tire on.
I think it's a tool worth having, but nothing, absolutely nothing, is as persuasive as a set of jumbo double-headed C-clamps.
Just my humble opinion.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration