OT When the shine has faded--New life for older vehicle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT When the shine has faded--New life for older vehicle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Many times a vehicle is modified to do work on the farm. This buck rake looks like it could easily gather a large load of hay. At one time this was a grand automobile but now has been severely downgraded. What name did this vehicle once proudly display? What was it???

Buck rake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

There was a clever group of fellows traveling the country converting those. It may have been during the depression. They spent some time near Dillon, MT converting Big Buicks and White YPC Buses. Many survived and provided parts for restorers. I was lucky to get one of the Whites. It had some much needed parts. The differential had been flipped over so they could drive it backwards.

I can't say what your photo is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

The cut Sedan with the kid sitting on bonnet/hood is a 1930 Desoto? Wayne T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

I remember meeting those buck rakes on country roads in Montana
Even though they were rear-wheel steer they would be driving them quite fast. I always worried about being hit when we'd meet one on a fast corner or curve.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration