21-26 front motor mount, which side is the front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 21-26 front motor mount, which side is the front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Forum I'm looking to use a 21-26 front motor mount but I'm not sure which side is the front and which is the back. One side has the Ford name and the other side has numbers on it. Need your help on this one. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

If it's a 26 it will have a threaded boss, I don't think it matters on the others. My opinion.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

On a '26/'27 mount you can only have it one way, they have a boss with a threaded hole for a screw that holds the radiator apron. If you turn it the wrong way, then the pan won't seat correctly into the mount.

For the '21-'25 style without any apron bolt hole, orientation doesn't matter - and I doubt the stressed workers at Ford's assembly lines took any notice which way they went :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

Yep is a 21-25 I suppose I always thought that the thread boss was a 27 model. Thanks all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration