Reputable machine shops near Illinois

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Reputable machine shops near Illinois
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vincent R. Imig on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Newbie here. Been around T's for 50 yrs but haven't had time to play with them much until now. Have a 16,19,23, and a 27 in various states of condition/rebuild. Does anyone know of a reputable machine shop for T's in the Midwest, preferably within 3 hours of Central Illinois? My first order of business is cracked (babbit?? or insert??) on a connecting rod. The other three look and fit great.
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Effingham Rebuilders---Effingham, IL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:50 am:

You can buy a rebabbited rod from any of the vendors. Check the size and condition of the journal before ordering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Jack Putnam
Bluffton, Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vincent R. Imig on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Thanks, guys. That gives me some direction. I got my rings and valves from Mac's. I know there is also Langs and Snyders. Any others that you guys recommend?
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Don't know about rods, but since you're in Il, you should check out Bob's in Loves Park, Il - he has lots of NOS and used stuff + makes repro parts.
http://bobsantiqueautoparts.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Bob's Antique Auto Parts. Loves Park, IL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Adams Antique Auto in Oconomowoc, WI. Just over the border

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Effingham Regrinding Inc.
411 W Wernsing Ave
Effingham, IL 62401
Phone: 217-342-4186
Fax: 217-342-4202
Web: http://effingham-regrinding.com/index.htm
Email: dean@effingham-regrinding.com
Business Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am-5:00 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

vincent,

I don't do a lot of engine work, but I do a fair amount of transmission work. I live between Washington and East Peoria. Phone number is in the book.

Ron Dupree

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration