"Lady in a Coupe"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: "Lady in a Coupe"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

I believe it was Jay who posted the interesting photo last Fall. This is my version of it.

Here is the photo and where the painting was in December.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

As Always beautiful to look at and I love your guesstimation of colors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Richard,

That's really awesome!

Not that I could pretend to afford one, but if I may ask, do you ultimately sell your wonderful artworks? I'm really hoping you have great gallery someplace where they're all displayed together. I'd pay the price admission to see them! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Left out an "a" and an "of"... I hate when I do that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Another wonderful painting Rich--but gee, couldn't you have made her smile (a la Mona Lisa?) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Thanks for asking Jerry. To sell these things requires some marketing skills. The paintings or prints of Old Cars have a limited audience. I for one would not spent the money that Artists ask for similar works. I have the luxury of showing these pieces without any complications.
A few pieces have found their way into nice homes of friends or have been traded for items I couldn't find or afford.
As with My cars, it is just good fun.
I forgot to add "A painting" after the title.
David, I can't make her smile but you always make me smile.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

I really want one of these coupes. The '19-20 style bail handles are really cool too. Great painting Rich!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Rick, "seek and ye shall find". They are out there. I enjoy my rusty one very much.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Rich,Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Where did the sun visor go? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Rich, Thank you for a very nice painting. The comparison to the photo is kind of interesting also.

I, too, kind of wonder where the visor went. Artists perogative probably...

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

You truly are a great artist. To have such talent, and to paint what you are passionate about, you truly are a wealthy man. I thank you for sharing such wonderful works with us!
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

The visor would have cast a shadow on her face, so Rich just didn't put it in!!
(Rich, just say, "That's my story and I'm a stickin' to it! )
:-)
PS Glad I make you smile, other just seem to get their pitching practice in with ripe tomatoes! :-)
(as one person said to someone laughing at something I said; "Don't encourage him!!!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

That is BEAUTIFUL thank you for sharing your talent with us.
If you ever decide to sell some of your work I would be interested in a Coupe painting like that.

I would even throw in my parakeet to sweeten the deal :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

Richard,

I always admire your paintings! Thank you for sharing them. Perhaps you would consider letting the club use one as the cover for the "Vintage Ford" or on an inside page? I know lots of the older members read the magazine but may not frequent the forum.

Again beautiful work -- thank you for sharing it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Such nice comments. Thanks.
I have seen many pictures of the suicide door Coupes with Ford style or accessory visors. I even tried to find a discussion of them here. My impression is that the visors were not provided until the new style in 1923. Certainly one could be gotten from the local Ford dealer and added to the earlier cars. Has anyone found info on factory visors being installed earlier. I do try to make my paintings more correct that I do my cars.:-)

Hap, we have discussed the possibility of paintings for covers and I am working towards that. VF is a wonderful magazine. I am not sure what all the considerations would be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Richard, I have the solution! You once posted that you would like to paint my 1917 shooting brake. Perhaps it could double as the cover car for the Vintage Ford. Just saying.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Rich, do you recall a '20 (?) coupe with suicide doors among the cars that were displayed at Bair's gas station back when ? (along with the "phantom" Monroe ?) - it did not have a visor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Wow nice..Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Rich
I enjoy your paintings.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Richard,

Great job, I always enjoy your work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

It is interesting to note how many pre-24 model Coupes are photographed (old photos) with the sun visor considering it wasn't standard equipment on the earlier coupes. Was that a dealer add-on option during the earlier years ('19-'23), or did they actually come out in later '23 and offered as a dealer add-on after that point in time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

Rick, my '25 Tudor has the visor and my '22 coupe does not. I am not bothered by sun in the Coupe but have trouble seeing traffic lights in the Sedan. I also have noticed the large number of "pre '23" T's with visors. My guess is that some folks added the visor for the new look. There seems to be a lot of cars with the tinted glass accessory visors. (Green, Blue and Red Glass.)

I can never remember these dates. From the MTFCA encyclopedia "A new “Fordor” sedan appeared in December 1922....the new Coupe and Tudor Sedan in August 1923.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Love it! What's the medium?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Thanks Jay. See what you started. It is acrylic on canvas with an occasional touch of Sharpie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:59 am:

Ah, so it's "mixed media!"
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Very nice Richard, thank you for sharing your work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Thanks Gary.

By the way Dennis S. , I couldn't think of taking your parakeet in trade knowing how much it means to you.
I recall the fellow from your hardware store saying you came in to buy a file to dress down your parrot's beak. Apparently it was sharp and he was pecking you on the shoulder.
He told you "You can't file a parrot's beak. It will die."
"No" you said. "A beak is like a finger nail. It won't bother him a bit."
Several weeks later when he saw you he asked "How's your bird?"
"Well, he died" you told him.
"I told you filing his beak could kill him"
"Well it wasn't the filing that killed him. He was dead when I took him out of the vise."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Thanks Richard for the information about my parakeet. I won't tighten the vise so much on the second one or perhaps I'll just super glue his feet to the work bench.

Did you know it takes at least two dozen parakeets to make a meal for one person and man are they hard to get stuffing in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Omg. Thank you guys for the good laugh. Can't tell you how much I needed that today! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

If my math is right, 12 pair-a-keets would be 24 keets total.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

OK Thanks again Rich that means if I buy two dozen parakeets I can really feed four people but if I put them in the blender I can feed six people because they can be spread on bread. I tried making parakeet soup once but the feathers keep getting stuck in my throat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Ok go ahead and tell the others on the forum that the lady in the Coupe has a parakeet cage sitting on the seat beside her and that's how we got on this subject. She is not smiling because....wait for it....The bird flew the Coupe!

How's that for tying this all together!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Thanks Mark. I needed THAT. I hadn't ever seen the last half.

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis! Do NOT put four people in the blender.

No the bird did not fly the Coupe. The Coupe has no wings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Hmmmm,....starting to see a pretty good demonstration of the effects of February "cabin fever"! (:^) (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Rich,

That last Coupe and parakeet picture is now my screen saver. Thanks for making my day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

OK, who put the smile on the lady??? Was that just for the bird pic, or on the original?
Inquiring Mind wants to know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

I have greatly enjoyed this thread--the art and the humor! Thanks all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Photoshop David. )
The Art and the Humor are a good reprieve from cabin fever. Any break I can take from my activities is worth while. Artists like Stan Howe and R.V. Anderson make my day. Or someone's new car or a question I might know the answer to help break up the routine.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Rich, visiting you is definitely on my "bucket list" if I'm ever in your area! Now if we could find a third person to be with us, we'd probably have a modern version of The Three Stooges.
:-) Idaho Falls, lock up the banana peels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

David - Rich's art is on my "bucket list" too, and I'm quite certain that I'd make a better "stooge" than most!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

Harold, Let's synchronize Our watches!!
Hmm, you're closer though, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Rich

Thank you for offering to keep my parakeet while I'm on vacation. I put him in a brown kraft envelope this morning and mailed him to you. I ask the post office not to run it through a postage machine but to hand stamp it. I put some bird seed in the envelope but he probably need some water when he arrives. I would have sent him air mail but he is scared to fly so I sent him book rate to save money. I also included a return label so you can mail him back to me in two weeks. Thanks for bird sitting for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

No need to thank me Dennis. You know I love the little guys. Did you just send the one? I'm expecting David and Harold for dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Dennis, your comment about mailing a parakeet reminded me of a visit to my local post office last year. A guy came in with a claim slip for a package, and when the attendant brought it out, the contents were clearly buzzing!

Turned out the recipent was a beekeeper and had mail ordered a "starter hive" with a queen and some worker bees. The queen was in a special enclosure that prevented contact with the other bees in the box.

I had no idea you could order bees through the mail. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

And I had no idea that a Richard Eagle painting was used in the set of a "Stooges" short film.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry P on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Nice job on the painting Richard and thanks all for the laughs! "Flew the coupe". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

Mark,

Actually what is really interesting is going to a local supply house when the bee packages come in to be picked up. All sorts show up. I once watched a gentleman show up with a minivan...load up a bunch of those packages and drive off. The thing is, there are typically several bees on the OUTSIDE of those packages that end up flying around the inside of the car while you are driving.
Speaking of bees and Ts....(I'm a beekeeper), check this one out
http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphotos/full/ebay669779.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

OK, since were getting a bit off-track anyways, I will tell a short, somewhat relevant story.
Guy is carpeting a little old lady's house. He finished one room, and goes to take a cigarette break. Oops no pack in his shirt pocket. Hmm, that's odd, he looks in the room he just finished, and sure enough, there's a small lump in the carpet, about the size of a cigarette pack. Hmm, "no way am I going to pull up this carpet to get that out!" So he takes his hammer and smashes down the pack, Just as he's walking out of the room, the homeowner comes over and asks, "Have you seen my Parakeet?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:48 pm:

Just saw on the news tonight, where a woman was hearing noises in the walls of her house. She called the repair guy and found that bee's had set up a hive in her walls.

They removed nearly 10 pounds of honey from the walls. Once they started to find the problem, the honey started to drain out of the siding.

Here is the clinker, the Fed's have declared bee's are endangered and they can not be removed or exterminated.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

FYI, that is called a Cloche' hat. Very popular in the mid 20's. Every stylish girl had one, looked great with the new bobbed hair styles. Under the had, her hair is probably Marcelled, which is a style of wave made with a curling iron -- part of the bobbed hair look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Mark, one of the great revelations for many people is what the Post Office will actually mail. In the spring of the year, there are thousands and thousands of baby chicks that are mailed. The post office will ship as few as one or as many as 100 at a time. Check out Murray McMurray hatchery. My friend Sandi is a mail carrier with a route that is part in town and part out of town a few miles but not truly a rural route. She routinely delivers baby Chicks, Ducks, Geese, Pea Fowl, etc. in the spring or if the weather is cold, leaves a notice that the birds are in and need to be picked up. Back room at the Post Office sounds and smells like a brooder house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Rich, Dennis, David, you guys have made my day. I still can't hardly see because of the tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!!!! Ain't this forum great!!!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:07 am:

Richard, You must have Photoshoped a picture of the three of us! :-)
BCG, we were staying at a friends' house and heard funny noises in the wall--I figured it was mice, so went to rap on the sheetrock to scare them away (I was hoping--yikes! The sheet rock was very soft and the noise changed to buzzing! Yep, bees in the wall! (fortunately not rattlesnakes!)The sheetrock was paper thin in that spot and I worried about them chewing through while we were there!
David S; it's a tough job, but someone has to do it (don't they?).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:28 am:

:-) :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Joy clued me in on the Cloche' hat. I was able to find pictures. Here is some of the reference material I found. It helped make the colors in the painting more believable. They also helped with the shapes in the photo that I could see or couldn't see. Having a Coupe of the same type was a good thing too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

I had coo coos nest queued up with my trusty remote, to the part where he had all the nuts in the boat..............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Bee's being protected ....

My older brother Bingo found a foot in the alley being his house ... just a
foot. No sock, no shoe. He called the police and they cordoned off a full
city block and did an investigation. Never did figure out who was missing
a foot, but the kicker ... he got a bill for $11,000 for "disposition and burial" !!!

Find a foot ? Let someone else call it in !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

So what your saying Burger is that your brother Bingo has "one foot in the grave" already! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Burger,

"Never did figure out who was missing
a foot, but the kicker ... "

... but the kicker was the foot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Really? Bingo was his name-O?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

You ever want to see one pissed-off hombre, bring this subject up
at a family gathering !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

You must have some interesting family gatherings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Don't we all !

It is fertile ground for much comic reflection. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Is there any way to check if the foot was from the lady a few photos back?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/720193.html?1485962031

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Call the City of Spokane Special Foot Burial Dept. 509 . 625 . 6300.

Or you can ask my big brother Bingo Burger at the next meeting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

OK now you are going to get me started again. Rich and I went a few rounds about a parakeet and I finally dropped it but Burger I can not resist to make comments on your brothers name. No disrespect just some fun.

I guess you brother got his name when your Mother looks at your Dad...
she said "I have something to tell you"
he said "Your pregnant!"
she said "Bingo!"

Now the name sounds like a special at a diner but I have to ask...If Bingo comes to a family reunion with a cheese plate from the deli do you look at him and say " One Bingo Burger with cheese"

Sorry I'll stop now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Bingo, interesting name for a Burger.
My Dad was a foot short of being 6' but he was never at your Brother's place.

Dennis is making me hungry.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Would a Bingo burger come with bingo chips?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration