Forum Subject Line Title Suggestion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Forum Subject Line Title Suggestion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

All,

I don't mean to sound preachy or to chastise. Just suggesting that when you're thinking about starting a new thread or posting a want ad, you try to be specific about your question or item for sale.

I see a lot of titles like "Help", "For Sale", "Question", etc. I feel bad when I read the thread and think that a more detailed title might get this guy what he's needing. Like, "OT - Need parts for 1911 Hudson", "For Sale 1909 T", "Question About Ring & Pinion Gears".

Anyway, don't yell at me, just trying to help :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

I have to agree with that! It would take less time to check out the forum when the post title is specific.
Seems like I remember seeing a title that said 'its broke'.

Thanks Jerry I'm with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Oh my God- no!

Don't change anything!

Leave everything the way it is!

I enjoy seeing ambiguous thread titles!

You don't have to read ambiguous thread titles- just skip over them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Anything detail in the title would be helpful. I intended to say "a painting" in my last post. It is all subject to personal preferences and never perfect. Sarcastic maybe but never perfect.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Thanks Tim, I was really hoping you'd have an opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

For those of us that use the keyword search to refer back to past threads for help, it would be beneficial to us if the poster were to list his problem in the title such as "Need help installing an outside oiler", instead of "Newbie needs help". Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I need some things. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

i completely agree. i'm a guy who will always search before i ask, but many times the search will have no results due to some cute title that has nothing to do with the issue. thanks for bringing it up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Jerry, thanks for bringing this up. More thanks to the way you did it with respect and tact!!! Thats all I got to say about that.
Drve safe and often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I'd like to buy a vowel. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:34 am:

I's like to vuy a bowel !:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:34 am:

In the opening header of the forum it says 'posts should be related to the Model T'.

Adding 'and be specific' would be a simple fix. My very humble opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

I sure like the mystery threads (George Carlin once said in '76 "Could be meat, could be cake."), ya never know what you're gonna get, but right to the point is a great thing too. Meat being the serious questions about the internal workings of the T and Cake could be the superfluous little details... ;-)
How'd I do on my "Side/Tail oil lamps (black era burner gasket question)" thread? :-)
black era oil lamps matter. Couldn't resist. ;-)
I have left some stones unturned due to the initial Huh?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration