Pre '26 ammeter hole opening

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pre '26 ammeter hole opening
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens - Arnold, CA on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Can anyone tell me the exact diameter of the HOLE OPENING for the larger pre '26 ammeter: https://www.modeltford.com/i/c/474004l.jpg Not the diameter of the ammeter itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

I have one that measures 2.267

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens - Arnold, CA on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Richard,

That's a pre-'26? That's the hole opening, correct?

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Yes Tom. That measurement was taken horizontally. I took a vertical measurement before I put the ammeter back in and got 2.271. There may be variations between panels also.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens - Arnold, CA on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Rich,

MANY thanks!! That's what I was looking for.

And what a small world. My brother and I love that photo of the lady in the coupe. We've talked about it since we first found the photo a year ago. We love coupes, but building the gowjob is what I need to do in my life right now. Anyway, I saw your post today, what a SENSATIONAL painting! Turns out, my brother just emailed me the thread on your painting, at the same time I was responding to this and realized you're the same guy!

Your painting would make a FANTASTIC magazine cover.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Thanks Tom. Coupes are pretty wonderful. Have fun with the gowjob.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:34 am:

There have been numerous fires linked to the 1926- 1927 ammeter. I was able to quickly put one out a few years ago and rebuild the switch unit with a proper ammeter for that one. The car was a 1924 with an adapter plate and a 1926 ammeter.

The pre-1926 ammeter is a much better unit and actually it might fit a 1926 without any need to enlarge the dash hole and a need to just enlarge the switch unit hole.

The new Fun Project ammeter is also much better than an original.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration