Unknown accessory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Unknown accessory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:05 am:

I just brought home a rolling chassis and on the right hand splash panel I discovered this.

It is right where the dipstick is on my roadster. It is stamped with 'pat app for' under the initials. Sandwiched between the plate and the splash panel is red rubber insert which I presume is an anti rattle device. It has long since gone and there is a witness groove worn in the holes in the plate.

My best guess is it had a pair of rods linked to the oil petcocks so that the oil could be checked without crawling under the car. Nowhere near as convenient as my dipstick. Is this something seen in the US?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Homemade version on a '25 coupe owned by Bob Peterson:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Similar accessory - 1921

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration