Location of headlight switch 1917

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Location of headlight switch 1917
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Hi,
I am looking for the location of the small headlight switch on a 1917, wood firewall.

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Like the '15/16s, just to the right of the coil box on the firewall, or if it's a late '17 it would be a combination switch with the horn button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Thanks, it is the small switch on the firewall, maybe someone could post a pic or dimensions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 09:15 am:

This one was posted by Royce a couple of years ago....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:36 am:

All 1917 model year Fords have the light switch on the dash.

The combination light/horn switch was not introduced until a few months into the 1918 model year.

This is my '17 roadster - sorry I don't have a better picture - I cropped a much larger existing one.

T-8761 Dashboard 4-19-17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Interesting that the drawing specifies mounting screw hole for the other parts, but not for the light switch. I know there were at least 2 different suppliers, perhaps the screw holes weren't in identical places?
Erik; is the whole drawing available somewhere online?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Not available online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

RATS!! Well, I have some time (years probably) before I'll have to make my 16's firewall, maybe I can find more info before then.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration