1914 No Name Headlights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1914 No Name Headlights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Would someone please tell me why there is no name on my 1914 headlights? No sign of any previous info, just a smooth top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Ed
Maybe post some pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Headlight photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Polished off over 100 years? Re-pop? Aftermarket?
I'm out of ideas! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

This car was made on 10/1/1913. It has many carry over parts from 1913 car. Could Ford have manufactured their own headlights at that time to supplement other manufacturers in order to keep up with demand? This is the same time all cars went black because of high demand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

If you show some other pictures of the headlight, maybe it would help to identify.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

I have the same on my 1914 Canadian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

I found this photo taken during the covered bridge tour in Parke County, Indiana. Great tour highly recommend it. Lot of clean up after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

CLASCO headlight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

there are lots of blank headlights around, all brands, all sizes, not unusual at all. in the old days the manufacturer sold the same lights at the hardware store that were being sold on new cars only without the brand name on the chimney. same as today, you can buy aftermarket parts, or you can go pay more at a dealer. many, then, as now, prefer the cheaper route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Our 14 Canadian has the same they indeed are CLASCO same in almost every detail to E and J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Did CLASCO lights come out of the factory or were they aftermarket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:11 am:

The Clasco lamps were used on Canadian produced Fords.

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration