Vaporizer Carburetor - Standard what years?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Vaporizer Carburetor - Standard what years?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas p Will Jr on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Was a vaporizer carburetor standard on a 1926 Tudor sedan? I know it was in 1927 because I have the original instruction manual for my grandmother's new 1927 touring car and it has an illustration of the vaporizer carburetor and how to run it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/C-D.htm#Carb1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas p Will Jr on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Thanks Mark for the fast response.
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:17 am:

My '26 Tudor has an early December '25 production date. One of the reasons I bought the car was that it wasn't messed with mechanically. The engine (November '25 build date number matching original paperwork) had a Holley Vaporizer on it with the top linkage, but still had the block with the opening between cylinders 2&3, plus the dust pans with the single hole in it. So, I suspect the car is a transitional piece towards the beginning of the vaporizer era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:46 am:

The hard part is finding the correct engine splash pans for a 1925 or 1926 with only one hole under the carb. I have several of them, and none are worth restoring. I finally had Rootlieb make me one, but he isn't interested in offering them to the hobby for some reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Larry:

How can one tell if they have an engine splash pan for a 1925 or 1926 with one hole? What makes them different than others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

Arnie: Who is they? If you do the research, you will find out for yourself why the '25-6 engine splash pan is different than the earlier ones. For 1927, they added one more hole in ADDITION to the existing hole. It is for the vaporizer. Other than the second hole, which is forward of the rear hole, they are identical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Larry:

I have a couple of engine splash pans with only one hole. I do not know if they are 1925 or earlier. Is there an easy way to determine this?

So the who is "they" is me and/or anyone else that wants to determine if what they have are '25-6 engine splash pans!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration