OT - What are These Things?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - What are These Things?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Most likely not for a T, or even a car. A friend of mine found them in the garbage a few days ago and is stumped, (so am I). So, if our vast knowledge base is up for a challenge....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:54 am:

I think they are part of a buggy harness that goes on the horses back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 09:06 am:

It's the metal frame work for a back pad on a breast strap type buggy harness. Generally covered with leather. The hook part is for attaching the over-check strap coming off the top of the bridle which keeps the horses head up high. Value = absolutely NOTHING, doesn't even make a good boat anchor !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:13 am:

Put them on eBay -
Call them rare Antique Buggy anchors and make the starting price $100.
You might be surprised at what happens!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:17 am:

And.... $8 shipping!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:07 am:

give em' a break Jerry on the shipping :-) "Funny Fred" then what the hell would ya do if someone actually bought it ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:10 am:

With apologies beforehand to Jerry for hijacking his thread....

Since cabin fever seems to have set in for many - a friend of mine has an item she no longer needs, and has put it on eBay...BUT would really, really like to know what it is. (Actually, I'm probably more interested than she is). Does anyone know...would you have time to tell us?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectible-Kitchen-Cooking-Primitive-Vintage-Metal-Tin- Scoop-Sieve-Utensel-/142269853898?hash=item211ff1b0ca:g:UXwAAOSwopRYmHnl

Thanks.

Soon (I hope) T weather will return.,,,yes, Bill H. "T weather " is any weather for you :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Dave,

No apologies needed.

I think the truth is somewhere in the all-inclusive auction title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Wow, for horses, eh? At first glance I thought they were Victorian-age gynecologist tools for 'ladies exams'....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Those are Buckwalter Patent silas retender parts. Probably worth every bit of
that $100 opening bid, IF the patent marking is easily read. Raoul Parkhurst,
Great Grandson of inventor Zebulon Buckwalter was the Chief Curator at the
Meat Museum and was desperately looking for missing parts to complete a
retender for display. I am unsure he ever found them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Burger,

Also some speculation, though no concrete proof, that they're flatulating paddles from an Kowalski #3 grape peeling machine. I have a #4, so I can't say for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

I Googled "flatulating paddles" and it appears your hunch could be
correct. Although, if you note the signatures at the bottom of your viewing
screen, you will find Buckwalter was involved in this patent as well !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Hmmm, small world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Bueger is correct in my opinion! Buckwalter had a doctor,it in BS. I believe Burger aquired the same doctor,it in BS. They are well worth the $100 with the recent history we now know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Anyway, thanks everyone for your input, the serious, the helpful and the bizarre. It's all good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration