Message for Bob Peterson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Message for Bob Peterson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Bob:

Could you please take a picture of the front door panel on the interior of your 1927 touring? Is there a boarder around that interior panel that is an addition, sewed on the panel, or is it just an embossing on the panel like some reproduction made today?

Also could you take a photo of the rear bow in the area that the back side curtain mounts. In particular do the three fasteners in the vertical section of the bow (called body sockets) have a protrusion to allow the rear side curtain to be sandwiched between the bow and the top material?

Does the 1927 touring have a flip top ratchet jack and does the flip top part have a hole or no hole in it?

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I just got your message, I will get some pictures tomorrow. Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Arnie, I can't help on the door panels, but I have a 27 Canadian Touring and it has the curtain fasteners that you described. Mine are damaged and I have been unable to find replacements. They may be unique to Canadian built cars. I am in Florida for the winter so don't have access to the pictures that I have of these fasteners. If you find a source for these fasteners, I would like to get 6 as well. As for the jack, I was once told that the flip top jack was for TT trucks. Don't know if that is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Dave:

I have been looking for the rear bow "body sockets" for over 7 years without any luck. The flush surface ones are easy to find, the ones with the "extension" I just do not seem to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Bob:

I am in no hurry, but just checking to see if you are still going to take some pictures, or did you take them and I just did not look in the correct location?

Also I am told that the 1927 jack was a pressed steel outer housing with a flip top. Also it is suggested that the flip top portion does not have a hole in it but the Model A version has a hole in the flip top section. What does your jack have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Hi Arnie, You emailed me and said someone already posted pictures for you, but I will send them to your email. If you want to get in contact with me it is easier to email me. I do not always look at the forum, thanks, Bob.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration