Anyone Know Who Now Owns Margaret Dunning's Model N?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone Know Who Now Owns Margaret Dunning's Model N?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

After Margaret Dunning's passing at age 103(?), the Gilmore Museum sold the 1906 Model N that she had donated to them. At a local antique store, who was invited to purchase items from her estate, I found a stack of photos showing that N "as found" and during restoration. Those should stay with the car as part of its history, (hence my getting them). The car is now painted a unique light beige with brown leather seats and a brown leather top. Can anyone help?

By the way, Margaret was an incredible woman who collected mostly Packards. She was well known by the likes of Jay Leno and probably hundreds of other collectors. She was remarkably active and involved right to the end.

P.S. Gotta remember now where I put the photos...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

Sorry, forgot to add an "OT" to the title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Jerry:

I don't have the answer to your question. But on behalf of fellow collectors I wish to thank you for being thoughtful and looking out for others and doing what you can to keep history intact to the degree possible. After all, we are only temporary caretakers. The older I get, the more I realize this important fact.

I suspect that you will find the new owner of the N.

Keep up the good work.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Thanks Tim, much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

I vaguely recall one matching that color scheme being posted on eBay about a year ago. Wasn't there a forum thread about it with many folks complaining about what it would cost to repaint it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Eric H, I think there was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:36 am:

To add more OT to the OT...

I hear there is an offer on her house now too. I hope whoever buys it, leaves it. There's too many old houses being torn down in Plymouth as it is, and hers has a storied history to boot.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:23 am:

I found the thread from 2015 about the eBay car and the link to the auction. The photos are no longer there but the location of the car and the eBay description and history do not match the Dunning car. Great memory though guys to remember that auction!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Differences in peoples attitudes come into play when memorabilia and antiques are concerned. Some people could care less about keeping items all together and others would want to retain as much together as they could.

When selling estates lots of items get sold to whomever. Its all about the money is these situations. The auctioneer probably had all cars and mechanical related items in on section or group and books, pictures, mags, in another.

Its usually done this way to get as much for the estate as possible. The family probably said to sell it all and that was it.

Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Margaret Dunning and her Packard 740: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCpK1W_Gjw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Jerry, I found a picture on the Gilmore car museum with a tan and brown interior model n. There are several other model ns shown but I think this one may be what you're looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Wes,

Yes, that's it alright! Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration