Info on hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Info on hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

hi looking to go to Hershey I'm looking for places to stay the hotel a lodge is out of my prise range , any info on places to stay thank all for your time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

I stay at the Econo Lodge in Harrisburg, on Briarsdale Road. It's not as close as some of the others, but the rates are lower and it has a sneaky back way to the grounds via Union Deposit Road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mosher on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

For the past 10 years I've been staying at the Fairfield Inn in Harrisburg. They charge about 140 - 160 $ a night plus breakfast every morning. It's just been freshened up last year Just off Union deposit Road. It's about 20 minutes to Hershey park. I give it 5 stars I've never had a problem,sometimes they put out some hot soup in the evening and there's always cookies and fruit. At times on Wednesday night they fire up the grill for free hotdogs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Jackson II on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Greetings Andrew...Suggest you use "Google Maps" and search for Hershey, PA. Look at the expanded map area for "Swatara", which is west of Hershey near routes 322 and Interstate 283. Now enlarge (Zoom In)the map and you will find restaurants and lodging facilities become identified/highlighted. Select the particular motel/hotel you want and you will get detailed information on availability and rates. Hope this helps. Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Hey Andrew, its smart to book a room now, there are many places that are booked solid already. I got a room with 2 queen beds at Hampton Inn in Manheim for $120 a night

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Hi thanks doug how far is that from the swamp meet is the Hampton thanks all thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

When I went ,I was some what late on making room arraignments.Went on line and got in to a hotel in Lebanon. Back frontage road took me right to gate at Hershey Rooms were nice,good local restaurants and it was $59 /night. It was only 7 miles away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:30 pm:

Years ago I stayed with Matt Foley - a motivational speaker - in a van - down by the river .....

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Presumably you'll be renting a car. Get one with a comfortable seat that leans back for sleeping, and camp in the Wal-Mart parking lot. There are always plenty of vacancies and no need for reservations. You have restrooms 24/7, and a market with all kinds of food. There's usually a McDonald's nearby for coffee or tea and free wi-fi. The only places I know where this won't work are New York and Los Angeles, where the Wal-Marts aren't open all night.

Yes, I'm cheap. I also forego the $15 parking lot and use street parking. You bet, I'll walk a mile for fifteen bucks. I used to walk a mile to school for nothing.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:38 am:

The Hampton is about 15 minutes away
Jim I'm sure Matt Foley would not allow any funny business in his van like smoking dubbies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

I always chose the Driver-On Inn. Easily accessible to the aisles & aisles of parts and the best eats around - Sausage & Pepper Grinders, Cheesesteaks, Seafood Gumbo & Jambalaya, Oysters on the Half Shell...
And - All the suds you could consume!
(Circa 1990)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Doug,

Matt Foley used to partake of the Doobie but it eventually led to ...

Living in a van - down by the river.

( Chris Farley left way too early - as did Phil Hartman )

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Steve, for heaven's sake, bring your sleeping bag to our spaces and sleep in our fully enclosed 10 x 20 canopy. You'll have it to yourself and will be right on the field (granted, the very edge of the field, but still on the field). You'll also have free use of a heavy duty air mattress, can have breakfast with us, and you'll be a 30 second walk from the showers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration