Off to a new life

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Off to a new life
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Butler on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

My Grandfather and Grandmother head off to their new home after their honeymoon. The "T" has long since returned to the earth from whence it came after a life on the farm and years of my father taking it to the field. But the trunk tied to the back continues to travel. It came into the family in the mid 1800s, journeyed to western Nebraska on the back of a wagon. Traveled by "T" to a new home and finally resides in my house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Looks like the old trunk was survived quite well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Where in Nebraska?? My people are from north east Nebraska...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald meeder on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

My grand parents named the town , broken bow, near Mullen or Omaha, plan on visiting there in late spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

Wow. How cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

My grandparents moved to eastern Montana from Elgin, Nebraska; my grandfather was born in Weeping Water and grew up in Creighton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Butler on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

they came from the Alliance but by the time of the picture they were in Yoder Wyoming. I think the T was around until after the depression in Wyoming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Great Story ....

A few years ago I hauled this from Lemmon, SD for a guy that put it away the weekend of his high school graduation in the building you see in the background - he was in his 40's now.

His high school tassle was hanging from the rear view mirror.

That is his Dad waving .....

I thought of this because this was a designated centennial farm - the Grandfather & Grandmother came from the East and had to stay on the land for several months to claim ownership.

She lived thru at least one South Dakota winter in a tent while he worked in the closest town to save money for the new homestead.

The original cabin was still on the property.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration