26 pickup front wiring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 pickup front wiring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Having problems wiring my 26 pickup. I have a stock harness but does wiring run inside frame rail ? There is some holes in my fenders with bondo around them which I guess the wire comes from under finder to lights. If so how do I get the wire out the frame to under the finders. What protects the wire in these finder holes ? Also it looks like the harness passes over the lower radiator area but what holds the wire tight so won't flop into the fan. My frame my not be the correct year and truck came as a kit. The lady I purchased from knew nothing about the truck and her Husband had passed. Hope to get it on the road this summer. Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

At the bottom of radiator on the fan side should be clips for wire loom to set in. May have been broken off over time. That is the way my 26 is or was before recore on radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I will look again but so far I think my clips are long gone. What do you think would be my best move to secure them Hate to take apart and solder new clips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

On my 27, the wire runs through a notch in the side of the hood shelf, not the fender. There is no bushing. Don't know if there was. The earlier cars have a bushing made for the lighting wires and is available from the vendors. Ditto on the clips soldered onto the lower tank. .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Eck, one my 27, the re-cored radiator doesn't have the clips either. I had enough slack to run them lower down through an insulated clip bolted to one of the front engine mount bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

That sounds like a good plan if my clips are gone (which I think so ) I will look my hood shelf over tomorrow . Thank you for all your help my first T but got it running and starts up fine. Want to look at rear end before put on road at the thrust washers to see what I have. Got the rear end book and hope to start when temps steady at a nice pace. Thanks again !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Just went to the shop for a look see No radiator clips so plan B . Found a small channel on the drivers side outer edge of the hood shelf. Try to get wire down it . Looks like a hole fill on the fender where I thought the wire came thru . Channel looks pretty tight for wire. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Search "26 wiring" on the forum. There is a 2005 post that has photos of wiring installation. Harness is routed along the hood shelf and held in place by several clips. Left head light wires go under the hood shelf passing thru notches in the shelf. To get to the right side, the wire harness is routed along the bottom of the radiator and held in place with clips on the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/32983.html?1184675383

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Found the notches for the wire on both sides. Holes in finder threw me but the pictures did the trick.THANK YOU ALL for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:44 am:

It would be best to put the wire down before you install the hood shelf so you don't have to pull on it and rip the loom. You could probably loosen up the bolts and the radiator on that side and raise it up to put it through without as much pulling.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration