Window felt or other item

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Window felt or other item
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

I would like to get a head start on getting the parts for the windows in my 23 coupe . I need the window felt channels . I have tried the replacement felts but they don't fit very well they make the windows to tight . Is there another product that works better than these replacement ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

I ran into the same problem when I tried to replace the channels in my 27 Tudor. The vendor supplied kit would not work at all. I searched the internet and found a company that makes channels for all types of applications, RVs, boats, etc. stanpro.com. I found it online at Auto Parts Warehouse. Stanpro #75000038 was an exact match to my 27. You will have to rivet on your own clips and cut to length. Two 72" pieces was enough to do both doors, side and top. Stanpro list the channel by dimension so your 23 may be different

"STANPRO UNBEADED WINDOW CHANNEL -- 72 in. length side wall rigidity; Made from flexible pile lining rubber with steel core that provides strength and forms easily to any contour; Features inside lining fabric that is tightly woven for maximum glass cushioning; Eliminates window rattling to ensure proper function."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:04 am:

John S, Thank you. That sounds like what I need for my '27 Paige. If I ever get around to working on it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:56 am:

"5V" is the Stanpro style number. The 75000038 is the product number for 72" lengths.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:30 am:

John , if you need any of the metal window trim or the window riser rod that raises and closes the rear quarter windows I have them.

I found the 2 pieces cleaning out an old storage bldg. of T parts on my farm.

I have a 24 Coupe and they look identical to those in my 24. Let me know if you need them. I just couldn't throw them away as nobody makes any interior trim pieces for the closed T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Felts were to tight on my '25 coupe too, I whittled down a piece of wood and worked it in the felt to open, works just fine. I have all new glass and tho' thinner than original the felts were still to tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

When I had trouble I reported the issue to Snyders. I was able to return for a full refund even though they were severely mangled after attempting to make it work.. When I found the Stanpro product I forwarded that info to Snyders. They are still selling the same channel that does not fit. The other vendors are selling the same item.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration