Town Car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Town Car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Saw this Model T town car up for auction. Do any of you think it is authentic. I've heard that there are many replica town car bodies floating around. http://premierauctiongroup.com/vehicles/51/1912-ford-model-t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

That's what it is, a replica, all sitting on late T running gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Looks nice though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Certainly not original wheels, front axle,rear axle, firewall and has distributor, 12 volts, need I go on. Certainly nice but definitely not original. Probably a Ray Wells body but nice accessories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:28 am:

I am pretty sure this is the Replica built up by Tom Henry

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:32 am:

I like everything but the color. I'd much prefer gloss black with gold pinstriping. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:27 am:

My memory of this Town Car is it was built by Don Black who also published a book on Model T Ford body designs called "The Old Car Body Idea Book"
which had over 60 sketches of different body styles.

There was an article in the Vintage Ford some 30 plus years ago about the Town car. The color is way wrong, and the chandelier is over the top, especially for a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:27 am:

This is not the Don Black Town Car Peter. Don's is the 2 tone pale blue 1911 formerly displayed at the Towe Ford Museum. Those familiar with Don Watson's About Town Newsletter may have seen the write-up on this car back when it was newly constructed. Not an OEM correct original body, but a very handsome driver that its creator is fully entitled to be proud of. Like it or hate it, outrageous T pieces like this stir interest and discussion...this is one of the things I enjoy most about this hobby.
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration