Old pic - pigeons and a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old pic - pigeons and a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:09 am:

There have never been a better illustration for this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Roger I immediately thought of that song when I saw the picture.

Then saw your comment.

Oh my...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Me, too! Some of us are showing our age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Is that a Runabout or a Coop?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:54 am:

That is a perfect picture of people parked and perhaps perpetuating the perching of pigeons and possibly picking up pounds of pigeon poop in the process

And yes that was the song I thought of also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

For the sake of all humanity, don't get Dennis or me started.
Thanks
Rich

I have a Roadster just like that.
Love the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Richard..you mean your Roadster is full of pigeon poop? I'll fill in for Dennis 'til he gets going with a better quip! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

Funny thing is, the couple in the roadster look like they're mad as hell about all the !@#@%**!! birds perching all over their Model T . . .

'16 T ? slight crown on rear fenders, no brass on lamp rims . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Thanks Tim. Dennis said he was going "on vacation".
Rich, '16 is right. Mine's a '15 with brass light rims but I think the fenders are the same. The "crown" may be reflection.
I don't expect to ever see another photo quite like this.
FUN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

The history behind this photo:

The driver is the famous zoologist Marlin Perkins who is filming his very first episode of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" This series titled..."A Roadster Roost in the park" as you can see his efforts were successful because he attracted one old bat and a flock of pigeons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

There's Dennis. If we don't stop with the bird humor the Odd-o-Ban Society with get us kicked off the Forum.

Rich EAGLE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Rich,

Odd-o-Ban can't touch you because Eagles are protected but an old crow like me is a different story. You would think that they would be Raven about us promoting the feathered friends instead of crying Foul!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

I thought I knew where this might have been taken and tried to confirm it by looking for pictures of the streetlights. I wasn't successful, but I stumbled on this page on the history of street lighting in LA. Pretty interesting, including the first electric lights that were installed - on 150 ft towers! Lots of T era pictures.

http://waterandpower.org/museum/Early_Bureau_of_Power_and_Light_Streetlights_Pag e_1.html

Even better, at the bottom there are links to quite a few more LA historical pages. This could be a real time sink!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

OK. (while the glue is drying)
The Molting on my Coupe(or Roodster as it turns out) isn't eggs-actly correct. I watched the ads from Birdhaven and others like a Hawk. One was too eggs-pensive and I was too chicken to Spring for it. $300 isn't eggs-actly chicken feed and I don't want to be hen pecked by my little Turtle Dove. I can't Shell out that kind of money. I think they are Robin us.
Gotta fly for now.
Rich eagle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Thanks Chirs. Nice info and great pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

My cousin lost his chewing gum in the pigeon coop. Then he thought he found it; 3 times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

I like that one Mike.
It reminds me of the old guy showing the news crew around the farm. He kept rubbing chicken poop on his lips.
The reporter asked if that stuff cured chapped lips.
"No but it keeps me from lickin' 'em>"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Richarad, not to crow but I was egg specting that at some point. Birds of a feather I guess. You crack me up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Regarding Marlin Perkins .....

He had a bad case of pneumonia when he was 7.
His mother died from it while caring for him.

At age 7 he toured the country in a Model T - it was 1912 - his job was to clean grasshoppers from the radiator.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Hah! Good one Rich!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

The first cell phones! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Bud, can you tell us the carrier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Rich. Dennis, it's probably not necessary to egg you guys on when you get a flock of puns flying back and forth. It's quite a feather in your caps to be so quick witted. I always have to wing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Sadly the passenger pigeon became extent in 1914!! The model T book Tin Lizzie by Stern tells of the huge flocks!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

It's a demo but we are taking it back!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration