MTFCA Club Letter regarding 2017 Changes to OCF & MM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: MTFCA Club Letter regarding 2017 Changes to OCF & MM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:30 am:

MODEL T FORD CLUB OF AMERICA
P.O. Box 996
Richmond, IN 47375-0996

February 9, 2017

Mr. John Neilson Ms. Patricia E. Mooradian
Vice President of Venues President
The Henry Ford The Henry Ford
P.O. Box 1970 P.O. Box 1970
Dearborn, MI 48121-9843 Dearborn, MI 48121-9843

RE: Old Car Festival and Motor Muster Program Changes for 2017

Dear Mr. Neilson and Ms. Mooradian,

Our club is the largest Model T Ford Club in the world, with over 6,000 members worldwide. Many of our members participate in the Old Car Festival and, for those that also have eligible cars, the Motor Muster. Some have even been participating in the OCF since the event began in the 1950’s.

Our club members recently received the three page list of changes to the Old Car Festival and Motor Muster for 2017. We appreciate receiving notice of these changes well in advance as it gives our members plenty of time to comment on the changes and hopefully work together with you and your staff to achieve the desired objectives and not to do irreparable damage to either show in the process.

After your letter was received by our members, it didn’t take long for the comments and discussion by our members to begin. To say that our members were shocked at the changes is an under statement.

The changes that caused the most comments and discussion were as follows:

1. The Application fee of $50.00 and the reduction in the number of wrist bands from 4 to 2. Many of our members spend hundreds of dollars and travel hundreds of miles to attend the OCF or the MM.
Adding an additional $50 to that expense coupled with the possibility
of being able to purchase additional wristbands at $20 just adds to the
cost and diminishes the family friendliness of both events.
Page 2

Further, why is it non-refundable if the application is denied? And
why the reduction from four to two wristbands? These changes just
don’t seem right.

2. Requiring a separate email address for each application, for example, if two or more vehicles are entered to participate, it seems to be a big nuisance and just makes it more difficult for the participant. Is anything really gained by requiring this?

3. The parking changes. Yes, we noticed the problems with parking during the 2016 events. Our members wonder if there are other parking areas near THF that could be used, such as:
A. The Visteon parking lot across the freeway from the East side of Greenfield Village
B. The Ford Test Track across the street from Greenfield Village
C. The Ford parking lot just across Oakfield Blvd. from the West side of THF parking area
D. Other Ford lots further down Oakfield Blvd.
E. It is my understanding that there are also many large nearby municipal parking lots that pretty much go unused.

Surely there are other parking lots in the area besides the POEE lot and the visitor parking lot on the West side of THF that could be possibly be made available.

4. Not allowing Motor Home and Camper parking. The letter
Stated that there is no infrastructure to support overnight
parking. The vast majority of our motor homes and other
campers are completely self contained and do not require
water, electric or any other hook-ups. There may be an
occasional participant who spends the night in an ordinary
enclosed car trailer, and we agree that this may not be a desirable
practice. We understand that the nearest RV parks are about
20 miles from THF, an extremely long distance when driving a
primitive vehicle in the dark.

Could the types of trailers and tow vehicles be parked in
separate areas for each type of vehicle, such as:
Page 3

A. One lot for tow vehicles and open trailers
B. Another lot for tow vehicles with enclosed trailers
C. A separate lot for motor homes and fifth wheel “toy haulers”

Not only are the needs for these three tow vehicle examples different,
the lengths for them vary by category also.

A further complication that may not have been considered
is the problem of driving a car with acetylene headlights and
a kerosene taillight back to the owners trailer after the gas
light parade. Many of us truly enjoy the gas light parade, and it’s obvious that many visitors to OCF stay late and enjoy seeing these early cars being driven at night. Many more visitors come a little later on Saturday just to see this parade. I don’t know of any other event that has a gas light parade of this nature, and would hate to see it become mostly a thing of the past as a result of the 2017 changes to the OCF.

One of our members described this situation and the corresponding problem for primitive car owners very well, as follows:

“If I were taking a primitive car (the kind they want) to the OCF, I might be willing to drive it back and forth in daylight between the show field and my trailer, which was parked some distance away at a hotel or campground. But I wouldn’t be willing to do so at night, after the gaslight parade had ended. If I couldn’t lock my car into my trailer, and then either spend the night in my camper or go to my hotel in my modern, well-lighted tow vehicle, I wouldn’t stay for the gaslight parade. I doubt I’d be the only one who felt this way. If THF considers the gaslight parade an important feature of the OCF that it wants to keep, it will need to facilitate safe travel from the field to the trailers after dark. I believe one loss will be the gaslight parade, if trailer and motor home parking are no longer allowed on site.”
Page 4

5. Not being notified of acceptance or rejection for the event until 1 month before the event dates. Reservations for other events is typically made as early as possible, and not knowing that their car has been accepted may be too late as other plans may have already been made.

In summary, our members are very disappointed in the changes proposed. Many of the members who have participated in the past are considering other activities for the OCF and / or the MM weekend. If they don’t come, it will be the OCF / MM that suffers. After all, without the cars, there would be no OCF or MM.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the changes and work together to arrive at mutually acceptable ways to meet the needs of the participants and those of THF.

We realize that you have the right to make rules and policies for this event as you like, but please consider all the ramifications to THF, the MM and OCF participants, and the visitors who enjoy coming to the both for a really enjoyable and amazing event.

Sincerely,

THE MODEL T FORD CLUB OF AMERICA

Mike Vaughn Keith Gumbinger
President, MTFCA Member, Board of Directors

Jerry Kramer
Member, Board of Directors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:44 am:

This letter didn't come out as it was written on Word, but you get the idea.

The letter will be typed on MTFCA stationary and sent to both Mr. Neilson and Ms Mooradian separately.

If you would like to sign on and have your name added onto the letter, just add a post onto this thread as follows:

I have read this letter and agree with it. Than add your name. See the example that follows on the next post.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:45 am:

I have read this letter and agree to it.

Keith Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

I have read this letter and agree with it.

David Corman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh, member of MTFCA, MTFCI, AACA, HCCA, VMCCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Daniel Schultz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Scott Rosenthal MTFCA, MTFCI member
, Past OCF Exhibitor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

Brian Beatty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

I have read this letter and agree to it. Kenneth DeLong [Bud] 19 years in a row at the OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

I have read the letter and agree completely with it.

Jim Jarzabek
MTFCA - MTFCI - HCCA - AACA Dues Paying Member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Smith on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Stephen Smith

AACA, VMCA, HCCA, MTFCI, MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

A. David Dufault

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Tim Wrenn

MTFCA, MTFCI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

I have read the letter and agree completely with it.

Jerry VanOoteghem

MTFCA, MTFCI, WOKR, HCCA, VMCCA, CDO Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Robert Brough
Former Dearborn resident and
former HFM/GV employee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Nicely put.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

well done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Dennis Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

Philip Berg

MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

I have read this letter and agree with it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

I have read the letter and agree with it. There are a couple grammatical errors that maybe should be corrected before mailing the hard copy.

Owners is possessive and needs an apostrophe: Owner's

Mike Vaughn Keith Gumbinger
President, MTFCA Member, Board of Directors -- a punctuation mark is needed to separate the names or they should be on distinct lines.

I would write it as Mike Vaughn, MTFCA president; Keith Gumbinger, MTFCA Board of Directors member.

"them" is probably the intended word instead of "the" in this sentence: ......... who enjoy coming to the both for a really enjoyable and amazing event.

There may be some reason for this to have been written this way and it did not translate well from the program used to compose, however, I think this should be reviewed:

Vice President of Venues President
The Henry Ford The Henry Ford
P.O. Box 1970 P.O. Box 1970
Dearborn, MI 48121-9843 Dearborn, MI 48121-9843

There should be a semi colon after "different,
the....." instead of a comma.

I would remove "possibly" from this sentence. "be possibly be"

I'm not trying to be nitpicky here, I just know how hard it is to proofread anything when you are the one that wrote it.

These are just a few suggestions, your mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Mike Kossor, MTFCA Member

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

I have read this letter and agree with it (and any proofreading changes)
David Dewey
Member: MTFCA, MTFCI, MAFCA, HCCA, Dodge Brother's Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Gentlemen
I don't agree with it.
Parking last year was a heck of a mess.

It is their party and they can invite who they want and how they want.

It is not a democracy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

I have read this letter and agree with it

Rick Schrage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Rob Heyen
Member: MTFCA, MTFCI, AACA, HCCA, Early Ford Registry.
Board Member and past President, Early Ford Registry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Hap Tucker
Member: MTFCA, MTFCI, MAFCA, HCCA, Early Ford Registry.

Thank you Keith for offering to work with them to come up with a "win-win" for the TFH; the old car participants; and those who will be attending to see the old cars.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Dave Wells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Stan, I proof read this letter before it was posted here and may have missed those items. It may be as the result of the "translation" into the forum.

I think it is FANTASTIC that there are so many signatures and that so many include club affiliations.

I think it is very important that THF is aware that other clubs are concerned and that this is not just a Model T issue.

Thank you all so much.

Keith -- I think it is important that, when and if you attach these electronic signatures, that you also include the club affiliations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Thank you to David C., Gil, Dan, Scott, Brian, Bud, Jim, Stephen, Dave, Tim, Jerry, Robert, Dennis, Phillip, Will, Stan, Mike, David D., Rick, Rob & Hap for your support, You names will be listed as co-signers on the hard copies of the setter that are sent to THF.

To Bob C. and Paul D. thank you for your comments, but did you want your names to be listed as co-signers also?

Stan, your proof reading suggestions are will taken and will be used. Staying up late at night and reading it over and over doesn't help accuracy.

Jon, I understand where you're coming from, but speaking for so many of us who enjoy the OCF (and MM too), it behooves us as the largest Model T Ford club to at least volunteer to help them in this and not just see them potentially ruin two good events. We agree that last year parking was a big mess & that's why I offered several suggestions to help with that. If it all goes downhill, at least they can't say that we didn't try to help.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I have read and agree with this letter.
Peter Nikolajevs
MTFCA, MTFCI, Dearborn resident, annual member of The Henry Ford for 10+ years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Thanks, Keith, I wasn't trying to be a know it all, I just know how many things have slipped by me over the years after I have proofed and proofed and proofed something I wrote.

I should add my club affiliations, also.

MTFCA, MTFCI, HACCA, MONTANA CLASSIC AND PIONEER AUTO CLUB. And more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Willis Jenkins
Member: MTFCA, VCCA, HCCA, AACA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I have never attended the OCF so I cannot comment upon the substance of the claims.
But I know this about form, any arguement that is longer than two type written page will likely never get seriously considered.
Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hobart Akin louisville, TN on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Hobart Akin
Board Member MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Stauffer on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Bruce Stauffer, past participant
MTFCI, MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

I'm in full agreement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

I have read the letter and agree with it
Chadwick Azevedo and Sansanee Azevedo

MTFCA, HCCA, H.A.M.B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrie Nolting on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Garrie Nolting
Member: MTFCA, MTFCI, AACA, HCCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Tod & Sharon Wirth
Member: MTFCA, MTFCI, Dairyland Tin Lizzies, Greater Milwaukee Model T Ford Club, SPAAMFAA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

I agree that this event is very special. This was an unexpected experience that I have never seen or heard of duplicated anywhere else in the world. 2016 was my first time at the OCF and was amazed that such an event could be done like it was. I did not bring a vehicle but I could see that the parking lot in the front was a mess without giving enough room to park. The participants vehicles and trailers were so close they could not get in and out over the weekend having some else parked in the way.

I'm with the rest of you guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:20 am:

The letter reminds me of politicians who think they can "nice talk" a
group like ISIS into "behaving nicely", delusional in thinking this audience
gives two she-bops about anybody else's thoughts on the show they
hold full control of, and are going in a completely different direction with.

These people do not want the old OCF anymore. They want something
different. They have wrested control of the show from the holders of the
old ideology and are solely interested in making it what THEY want. And
to obfuscate their intentions, they will play the smoke-and-mirrors game
of "changes" until those who fight on against them die of a thousand paper
cuts.

Best of luck in nice talking these people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:54 am:

MTFCA, Foothills Model T Ford Club,President

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:56 am:

I have read the letter and agree with it.
D.A.Cooley
MTFCA #32488

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:16 am:

I agree with Burger, This sounds like the end. There are bigger plan's on the horizon than what we can see, And it has very little to do with old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 08:26 am:

For what it's worth, I've read the letter and I agree.

However, I'm no longer a MTFCA member, and according to some on one of the early threads on this subject, opinions of those who've never attended the OCF don't much matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:09 am:

I don't have a dog in this fight but I will say,the club has a good writer in their court to convey the problems and feelings of the club. Well written letter. I hope it will get you some positive results.

I would hate to think the "new blood" up there wants to have Mustangs and Fairlanes running around instead of the old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

I agree with the letter above.
Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan.
3 time OCF exhibitor.
Owner of 2 restored Ford T's.
Member MTFCA, MTFCI.
Lifetime Model T enthusiast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

I completely agree with the contents of this letter. 20 year OCF participant. Former OCF grand champion winner.

Owner and restorer of several brass era Model T Ford and Pre Model T Ford restorer.

Mark Eyre
2007 Past President MTFCI
Former Technical Editor Model T Times

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

I would agree that I too wish things would just be a continuation of the
old festival, and I hope some well worded talk might get those in control
back on the old wagon .... BUT !!!! ....

.... as the Gunny might be heard to say .... hope in one hand and sh!t
in the other and see which one fills up first !

Another basic tenet of law enforcement and combat military is SEE the
situation for what it is, and accept reality AS YOU FIND IT.

In other words, take off the #@! rosy goggles and don't try to pet the
alligator, telling yourself it is a kitten !

I DO hope things turn around. This sounds like it was a fun event. Even
the wifeperson said she'd like to go to something like that .... and she is
generally a persona non participata.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gairing on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

25 year participant of OCF and Lansing to Dearborn Run.

Bob Gairing, member of Snappers Brass and Gas Touring Region, AACA, HCCA,MTFCA, MTFCI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

thank you to Peter, Willis, Hobart (George),Bruce, Brent, Chadwick, Garrie, Tod, Ross, Duey, Hal, Ed, Mark, and Bob.

We're up to 35 co-signers now!

Ron, I understand what you're saying about more than a 2 page length for the letter, but I wanted to be complete with suggestions and not just list problems. I specifically used an outline form so it can be read and perhaps parts can be skipped over so it can be read faster.

Will and Burger, you may be right in that this is the beginning of the end for this, but we'll have to wait and see.

If it does go downhill and end, that can't say we didn't try to help.

Fred, I wish I could have met you last year at the OCF. We could have talked for hours about TT's, I'm sure.

Mack, I appreciate your comments here, and all the posts you put on the Forum.

Thanks again to all of you for your support.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Well Keith, I will add my nearly worthless voice to your effort. I hope it
causes someone to rethink these changes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:02 am:

I wish you all luck with this! And this just gave me an excelent idea to our Nostalgica Festival TimeWinder I am co-founder of. I will try to gather as many brass cars for that so we can have a Gaslight Parade at our event as well! That is an excellent idea!!!
www.timewinder.dk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 06:54 am:

MTFCA, MTFCI, EFV8CA, AACA, FPAP, HFHA, EFV8FAM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:15 am:

I have read this letter and agree with it.. MTFCA, HCCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:38 am:

I have read this letter and agree with it....Robert Skingley MTFCA,MTFCI,HCCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Thanks Burger, Dan K., Dave W., and Robert S. for joining the effort,

Michael, I looked at the site for the Nostalgica Festival TimeWinder and it looks like a very nice event. It would be fun to go....

My intent is to not wait forever until we send the letter. On Monday morning, we will put it together with all the co-signers at that point, make the spelling and grammar corrections, type it on letterhead, and send it to the appropriate people at THF. So, Monday morning at approx. 9:00am CST is the cut off for signing on. So far we have 38 co-signers from this thread.

Hopefully, this unified effort will get their attention.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:37 am:

I have read this letter ad I agree with it.

R.V. Anderson
MTFCA, MTFCI, HCCA

This should in no way be taken as criticism, but having taught business letter writing for almost 30 years, I'd like to say that Ron Patterson's point should be seriously considered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I have read this letter and I agree with it.

Steve Jelf
Member MTFCA, MTFCI

Another proofreading note: understatement is one word.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

Rich Chillingworth
Tulsa, OK

Several times OCF spectator
Member MTFCA, MTFCI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas A. Voltz on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

I have read this letter and agree to it.
Thomas A. Voltz
Member of
MTFCA, MTCFI, Piquette T's, HFHA
Long time Dearborn resident who has participated in OCF for 25 years and drives his cars to OCF. Also member of The Henry Ford for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Don Booth MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By leo naus on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 06:24 am:

Maybe it would be good to point out that it will affect the economy of the area that weekend? It is typically impossible to get a hotel booking nearby and so all those hotels and the people who work there will not have those bookings or those hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 06:31 am:

Maybe point out that these decisions will affect the economy of the area for that weekend. Typically it is impossible to find a nearby hotel and so all those hotels will lose the bookings and the staff will not get the hours. There will be a ripple effect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:10 am:

If he don't care about the participants and their families, they are not going to care about the local economy. Just my view.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Keith: The only time I attended (spectator only) was back in the 90's, and it was a really educational experience.
I have read the letter and agree with it. Keep up the good work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Jay Buscio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

You sure get the "atta-boy award" in my book, great job Keith. I have read and agree with the enclosed letter.
John Albert Lemon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Thank you to R.V., Steve J., Rich C., Tom V., Don B., Leo, George S., Jay and John L. for your support. This makes 44 co-signers so far.

Peter, thank you for your suggestion, however I really don't think they are concerned about the area businesses.

Tomorrow morning we'll finalize the letter and mail it out.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and suggestions.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Trzcinski on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Keith, Sure nice to see that you have that many concerned car owners. Now I know we are not alone out here.

MIKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Michael, Besides the 44 co - signers, think of how many prior OCF participants feel the same way we do, but don't read the Forum. We could potentially have many more co - signers.

Let's just hope that THF gets the message.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Klemmer on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:54 am:

I agree with the letter, especially since I bought a car last specifically to bring to this event, but would be ok with doing something else local too.
I have also shown at motor muster for the last several years and probably won't apply this year due to the fee increase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 09:20 am:

I have read the letter and agree with it. George House. Life member: MTFCA, MTFCI, VFW and American Legion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Using R.V.'s computer, I can say that I have read the letter and I agree with it.

Jon P. Anderson, AACA, MTFCI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Mike Walker -- MTFCA Life Member #314, MTFCI Member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

I received word today that many in the International Club are sending letters also. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Trzcinski on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Kenneth, That is interesting to hear. I kind of figured there would be more people upset out there.

MIKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

The MTFCA Club letter to THF concerning the 2017 changes to the OCF and MM has been mailed as of yesterday afternoon.

Tomorrow, Susan will post a copy of the final letter with all of the co-signers names, etc. on the Forum with a separate thread.

You will notice that the letter was changed somewhat from the original letter given in this thread. That's because I modified it so the basic letter was less than two pages long, and put the detailed suggestions, etc., on a separate enclosure to the letter.

Now lets just hope that THF understands the ramifications to the changes they are trying to make and changes or retracts them.

So now, this thread is closed. Look for the new thread tomorrow.

Thanks very much to all who helped in this and co-signed onto the letter.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration