1911 pinstripe guidance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1911 pinstripe guidance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Gentlemen:
I have most of the details for the pinstripe for my 1911 touring except the back of the front seat.

There is this type of pinstripe, where the stripe ends at the top of the body:

And this type where the stripe has a sharp corner, then follows the opening of the door to the bottom then runs across the bottom of the seat, too.

Or a third option, Where the pinstripe makes the same sharp corner, then turns down and ends at the top of the door opening.

Clearly, all three stripe designs were used, and there was variation from car to car. However, I would appreciate some input on this.

Thanks,

Keith

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:58 am:

Maybe Ford had multiple personel in the paint department that were doing pinstriping, each one showing their personal touch?

No, actually I think in 1911 many bodies were bought already painted from the body manufacturers - and the pinstriping style varied from each supplier - and may also have varied over time.

Just document an original car that fits yours and copy the style - that'll give you points in judging :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:35 am:

I've read in the encyclopedia where the majority of the bodies were striped by the body manufacturer, up to a certain year. Can't exactly remember but I'm thinking it was around 1914? Its explained well on this website's encyclopedia. The painters were also free to use their own "method".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Pick your favorite Keith. I like #3 personally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Royce, The first photo is of my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Pete,

That's why I like #3.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration