Model T VS Train

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T VS Train
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:56 am:

George Schmidt posted a nice thread entitled "Model T's and Trains", which reminded me of a thread John Carter started in 2010. www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/125234.html

Since George Schmidt's thread was such a nice and pleasant thread on Model T and train artwork, I didn't want to highjack it and take it into a different, darker direction, so I started a new thread involving an interesting, but tragic past thread that many new members have not seen. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 08:19 am:

My grandfather and his uncle (who was only a couple years older than him) were in a car that got hit by a train. It was in the 30's, here in Detroit and from what I understand there may have been some imbibing involved.

The car basically rode the 'cow catcher' and overturned, while being kicked off to the side.

He said they laughed it off, flipped the car back over, and continued on their way.

Thankfully, it wasn't their new '32 V8 pickup they had bought for the family business... I was sure to ask. He thinks it was his uncles Pontiac.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:05 am:

Wow, that poor car. Hope no one was seriously injured or worse, hard to know, hard to believe it wasn't fatal. Almost looks like two cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Not too bad. A little tweeking and some spot putty....good as new.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Here's a great old past thread on Wrecks, Crashes, And Accident Photos that dovetails in nicely here.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/332573.html?1394287685

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

These two photos have been posted before. The T is either a 1911 or a 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Maybe Henry shipped it to an under performing dealer. "Don't stop the train, just shove it off".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:31 am:

I think I might have restored that car or something simular

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Anyone looking for a 12 rivet clam shell rear? Looks like this one survived the crash.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration