Old Photo - Model T Fire Dept Vehicle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Fire Dept Vehicle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Seems odd there are no lights other than the sidelamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

This fire truck is an American LaFrance Type A two tank chemical built on the standard Ford Model T auto chassis. It is missing a few things like the ladder and its brackets that should be mounted on the left side.

These could be purchased from ALF as a complete vehicle or as a kit to build on your own Model T chassis. Each of the tanks held 25 gallons and were basically big soda acid fire extinguishers.

This one has the third seat design that came out in very late calendar year 1917.

Tod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Maybe they didn't go out on night fires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

To me it looks like a modern vehicle behind the fire truck and I think a few years back someone posted different pictures of fire trucks. I think this one appeared as the before restoration picture or as one on a tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Are those solid tires with holes through them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

If this rig came from the factory as a complete vehicle, it would have had the standard Ford headlights on it during this time period. It looks like it is also missing the usual running board hardware, sounding device (bell on the dash or rotary gong that would be mounted on the left side of the seat) and the pry bar in addition to the ladder.

Yes the tires are hard rubber tires. Had to ride like a brick even with all the extra weight of the tanks on the back.

It looks to me that this photo was taken in the 50's. If it is a "before restoration" photo, I would like to see the "after restoration" photo.

Tod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 06:21 am:

On the subject of Fire Depot Model T's is anyone aware of one
that is sign written "Subiaco Fire Depot" ??????

I have been looking for this vehicle in a suburb in Western Australia called Subiaco however the fire fighters don't use the phrase Depot in Australia making me think it maybe in the
USA
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Simpson on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Want to trade Model T Fire Tuck Rear End with the HARD RUBBER TIRES still on AND in good shape. Spring , and Trailing arms. Even up for Model T Car Rear End . I am located 20 miles north of Lansing Michigan. My e mail is gsimpson52@aol.com
if you want picturs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Well, they may have given a smoother ride than this one :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration