Old Photo - Model T Era - Bryant Pond, Maine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Bryant Pond, Maine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Same spot today with both buildings on the right still there. The Gulf gas station is now an antique store.

Gas station moved across the street.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

How fitting. Looks like it may be an antique store on the right. I wonder if they have any Model T parts for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Wonder where the visible pumps went...definitely not to my barn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

That is Charlie Little's neck of the woods, I will have to ask him if he finds anything around there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

I love the then and now photos. Thank you guys for doing that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

So did the store close at some point and reopen as an antique store or just keep the same old stock and rename accordingly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

The town of Bryant Pond had the last crank telephone system in the United States. They went modern in 1983.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

If those two buildings are the same ones as before, either there is
some lens trickery going on, or someone changed the 12/12 pitch
roofs to a 6/12 (or close).

The overall pulling forward of the background is odd too. Or maybe
the locals moved the hill back to make way for the pond ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 03:52 am:

Google street images are like looking through a fish-eye lens, yes the bottom picture is stretched a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 04:15 am:

I got some fine old car books out of that very store on my honeymoon in June 1982. One side of the store was antiques, the other side was old books. A relative we visited nearby in West Paris still had a party line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:37 am:

Erik, is West Paris where there's a restaurant that used to be a clothespin factory?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration