Swayback NH differences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Swayback NH differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

These 2 carburetors both had the Holley name tag and Made in USA cast into the body but the lower part of the castings are different. One doesn't have the 2 slots in the bottom and has a bulge for the air vent passage. The other has the 2 slots and the choke and throttle and choke plates don't have pins to hold them in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

I'm going to guess the one without the slots on bottom is for a bowl with separate drain. It had a center drain bowl, but a bowl nut w/o a center drain. I found a good side drain bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

You guessed right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

I got it going, the side drain one. Now I need to work on the other one. Glad I had the extra bowl. I've been soaking them a couple days in a coffee can with ATF/acetone mix. They come apart real easy. No heating them red hot and all that, or maybe I got lucky. May do the other one tomorrow, about time for the news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

The one with the side drain needs a side drain bowl and the bottom nut to hold it in place is the same as the vaporizer uses.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration