Harley and the T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Harley and the T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 05:11 am:

That is a great photo. While it looks very similar to a belt drive Harley, I believe it is something else. The gas tank front, motor gear train, fenders and tank script are a little different.
None the less it is a wonderful picture.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:58 am:

The motorcycle might be a Thor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:48 am:

An antique car and a antique motorcycle. It was a big deal in those days to have them when they were new and not antiques.

Don't know for sure if the motorcycle is a Harley Davidson but I'll bet the in todays dollars its just as valuable or more than the Model T! Probably more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:48 am:

John, The motorcycle is much more in value. Running examples run close to 100K or more depending on make. The more rare the make, the higher the value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Not a Harley. I can't tell what it IS, but not a HD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:08 am:

The T is early, probably a 1909. Looks like it has brass running board trim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:22 am:

The T is a 1910 model./ Victor headlights. Lip on fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Here are the prices of new Fords and current NADA values for old Harley's FWIW. I don't know what the bikes sold for new but we know what the early T asking prices are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

The bike could also be a Theim looking at just the tank emblem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

That is a 1912 Wagner Motorcycle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

I believe you are right Ed. I was not familiar with those.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

All this debate about the motorcylce and I am just digging the split picket
fence and wonderful screen door. I can hear that one slapping shut from the
old spring now. :-)

Just say "No!" to vinyl fencing/siding !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Richard here's a link on info regarding Wagners
https://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/history-of-wagner-motorcycles/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Way to go Ed. You nailed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

That is great stuff Ed. What neat information.

Here is a '10 HD motor to add to the flavor of this discussion. The intake in atmospheric.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration