FJ - It is the people you meet on the road of life that makes the journey worthwhile :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - It is the people you meet on the road of life that makes the journey worthwhile :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

I have been on the road quite a few years now.

I have met many Model T enthusiasts.

Today was yet another great adventure with Will in West Melbourne, FL.

I met Will by chance in a Walmart parking lot a few months ago when I was dropping off a Touring T in West Melbourne, FL.

We spent a good part of the day in his 1919 Touring T
driving to a car show in Cocoa - grabbing lunch at Grandpa's Steakhouse in a couple old railroad cars - then driving to the beach.

So I make another friend on the road ...

I saw my friend Robert was out with the family for a ride in his
Touring T around his Miami home - another good guy.

Through Robert I was fortunate to meet Ross & Jennifer Lilleker
and their two little daughters when I visited Lilleker Antique Auto Restorations
( Mr. Model T ) a couple times in College Station, TX.

It is the people you meet along the road of life that make the journey worth the effort.

Thanks to all of you who I have met over the years.

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Just be careful when consorting with the locals in Spokanistan !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

There are great folks out there we have yet to meet. You have the advantage of getting around more than some. Driving the cars lets me meet some wonderful people with great stories.

Thanks for bringing us this one.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

Government statistics say that all the great people have already
been met, leaving only mediocre and less-than-desirables to meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Yep, nobody here but us deplorable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:58 am:

I have been driving my 14 Touring, (off and on) for some 68 years, and it never ceases to amaze me of how so many folks will stop and visit. Needless to say, my mental list is extremely large, and still growing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Hi Jim,

Enjoy the warm weather my friend. Keep the shiney side up. Bill

Not as warm as where you are:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Bill,

On my schedule is a trip to Connecticut.

I still remember driving to dinner in downtown Keene in your T.

I will try to visit you.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

Thanks to Will and his lovely wife Jill for a great home cooked Sunday dinner featuring stuffed cabbage ..... :-)

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:00 am:

In my home we have a simple rule, When you have family you treat them as family, Anyone who walks through my door is considered a member of my family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Saw the Facebook videos....awesome stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Well ..

My Florida vacation comes to an end - back to work.

Melbourne & Palm Bay are now added to my favorite town list.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ..... :-)

Formerly Florida Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration