Old Photo..My Kingdom for That Sign..:-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo..My Kingdom for That Sign..:-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:06 am:

Love this Photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Wow, that IS a great photo. My kingdom to have that whole setup. Would love to have an old building like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Yes. The building, the cars, the tractor, and BOTH signs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 10:57 am:

They sold a big sign like that a few years back ,at a sale in Ohio. You had to refinance the farm to buy it back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Chad, I'm with you! I absolutely love old buildings, houses, etc. and think how cool it would be to live above where all your cars would be resting comfortably. Jack's right about the sign, bet one like it if authentic would fetch 5 figures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Here's another shot from the inside. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

My place will be living quarters above the shop. I have space for 9 cars
comfortably "parked", less if they are torn up and spread out. While I do
not have a pyramid Ford sign, I do have a lot of others from the "good old
days".

Note the single light bulb showing in the workshop area. The exterior photo
shows a two-wire electric drop, just to the left of the uppermost right window
on the gable end, ... typical of early electric service with no neutral. Hot or
ground. This kind of wiring is as neat and old tech as the T's themselves.
I wired my shop lights this way and the City had a fit, so I converted the whole
show to 12v LED and now they have nothing to say about it. Very "proper"
for a shop like this. :-)

Great photo/s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

John, Thanks for the interior photo. Those scenes are hard to find and particularly charming. I enjoy them in lots of ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

John, is that really the same building? That back window doesn't match anything on the two sides of the outside that we can see. None the less, awesome.

Richard, those are some great paintings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Note the rack of braces on the back wall. Are those socket-type
wrench tips on them ? If so, had they not figured out the removable
socket idea yet ? Why so many ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Chad, I believe it is. Looks like the door opening is on the left and that back window would not be visible in the other image. Also notice how the tire banners are pointed outward toward the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

Also look at the reflection of the sunlight on the floor from the windows, three windows side by side and then the opening of the double doors. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Burger, the speed wrenches were sold in sets and different sizes. Having separate ones may have been convenient or removable sockets not perfected yet. Someone else will know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

John, did the photos come out of the same stack? The border looks the same and both have the two small radiused notches in the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

I always figured that Ford wrenches were made to fit one size because guys stood at one place on the assembly line and performed one task. One wrench per task. This may not be correct; just a supposition. (Or maybe "alternative facts.") :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Wow. Nice sign. Need that hanging on my garage. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Snap-on started in 1920 making interchangeable sockets. Other firms were doing it also at about the same time.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Betcha a dollar that same shop was used to repair wagons in the days before cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration