Regarding Otis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Regarding Otis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:02 am:

Got up this morning and walked through the garage and stopped to look at Otis. I have sold cars in the past and regretted it and just don't want to make that mistake with Otis. We've had lots of interest in the ad for the old T from all over the world and I appreciate that. But for now Otis has a place in the garage with Frank and Clarence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:05 am:

Your keeping Otis in the family ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Yes Dallas. Just don't think I could ever find another car like Otis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:20 am:

Good for you. I agree and that much personality. He's a keeper for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Glad to hear it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Glad to hear that. I think A LOT of us here would also consider Otis a keeper if we had him in our stable too. That truck is legendary---at least around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Well, when I walked out into the garage and looked at Otis I asked myself the question, "Why am I doin' this?" I decided to just cancel the ad. Sorta gotten used to Otis and his personality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Seems Otis was a bit stressed after all the fuss about a sale so we took Clarence to church this morning and let Otis rest.
Sunny and 81 degrees here in Texas today, sure do like our weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

John,
SMART MOVE!!! That is unless you were planning on GIVING Otis to me to join Barney. . . .
:-)
I will admit that I was disappointed when I heard you were going to sell Otis. He's got such a good home with you, especially with that "Store" you have. Very happy to hear that you have come to your senses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Good move John.....I sold my 1914 Touring last winter and have regretted it ever since. I hope I can establish the same relationship with the 1924 I recently bought.......Otis is very special, I wish I would have acquired him when Matt had him on the market. One of those cars I regret not buying!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

John it's sunny and 81 here in the U P too.... Oh no, it's sunny and 18! Darn dyxlexia............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

This was what I was hoping for. You have a wonderful, special, T, with character beyond what most have. Otis has a caretaker that understands and enjoys the special piece of history he is caring for. Maybe nothing lasts forever. But a perfect work of art should be cared for and admired for as long as it can be.
Both of you are part of that equation.
Drive all your treasures carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration