Question on Langs window straps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Question on Langs window straps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:08 am:

I bought a set of window straps from Langs. I assumed that they would already have the loop on the end where they attach to the window itself. They do not. So what is the best method for installing them ie forming and securing the loop so the window is seated all the way to the top when the strap is pulled all the way up and seated on the door pin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

You will have to stitch the loop in yourself. If I understand your question correctly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

As I recall the loop is permanently attached to the channel so there would be not way to install if the strap had a loop sewn in place. Depending on the year, you might want enough to leave a tail to tuck under the grab handle I think. Tie a piece of string on the channel loop, drop the window down and see what the allowance for fold over needs to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

On both my 21 coupe and my closed cab truck I made loops of brass the width of the straps. These I riveted to the end of the straps. The rods that go thru these loops are removable to install the straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

thanks for the info , a new interior is in Elmer's future, had these questions myself...really like the brass loops Jim...classy touch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/166528.html?1287772854

Try this for some help. I made the channel rod and riveted the loop after setting the length for full close on the last eyelet. It worked out pretty well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration