Love this forum...but why can't we edit or delete?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Love this forum...but why can't we edit or delete?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:42 am:

I hate to criticize, but why can't we delete or at least edit our posts? It would be nice to be able to go back and edit a post (especially when one finds that the phone's spell-check actually inserted something stupid).

Hmm...okay. Big process to edit. I guess I'm just going to have to make sure I don't mess up when responding with my phone. :-)

(Message edited by keqwow on February 12, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:47 am:

You can.

Click: User Profile

Click: Log In

You will then see your: Most Recent Posts

If it's within a certain frame of time, there will be an "edit" button with a pencil icon and you can click that and proceed with editing your post.

See, I'm editing this one to make a point. Once you click the pencil, you then have to click another log in window to "Edit Post" and here I am editing and about to click the "Save Message" button below where I'm typing.

(Message edited by Wmh on February 12, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Thanks Walter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:57 am:

If you have not checked the "Show list of my most recent posts when editing my profile" listed in Preferences it will not work. I tried many times but could not find this.

But now that I have I see that it works.
Thanks
Rich

(Message edited by rich eagle on February 12, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Great Info Walter! I did not know this either.
Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Since I never make mistakes I don't need to worry about editing my posts. But it's good information for those who are not perfect like me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Dennis I am lucky I walk on water so I guess I am blessed, and like you never make misteaks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Well just to be clear, I don't make mistakes either. However the autocorrect on my phone likes to make stupid assumptions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

I made a mistake once. Well, actually, it was more than once.
To be honest, I have made a few mistakes. OK, ... quite a lot,
really. In fact, I make so many mistakes, I should probably change
my name to "Oops!" or "Dammit!". Come to think of it, I hear
"Dammit, Burger!" a lot already.

Must be nice to be perfect. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

I thought I was wrong once but was mistaken. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration