26/27 Improved Models possibly another early 26 part .???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26/27 Improved Models possibly another early 26 part .???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

While digging thru the parts hoard, looking for a good 26 stem mount headlight for someone. I seem to have stumbled onto what appears to be yet another early parts variation. I have a pair of headlights with "round" mounting holes. Not the "square" mounting holes like the more common stem mount lights use for the carriage bolt style mounting bolts. I have never seen this style mounting before. The "round hole light is part number T6549C and has some kind of a design in a box "logo" The headlight bucket has "Ford" script. Ill also show a picture of a "common" square hole stem mount. It is part number T6549 and appears to have the same logo in a box design. It also is "Ford" script on the bucket. Most of my stem mount headlights do not have part numbers, but most appear to have "Ford" script somewhere on them. It appears strange that the round hole mount has the C added to the part number. The letters were usually added to the revised parts as they were introduced. ????. Has anyone else seen any more "round hole" mounts. Since both style mount holes have a different part number, I am going to add this to the ever growing list of early Improved model parts variations. Unless anyone can come up with a reason not to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

I did a little bit of research and found out that there is a non starter headlight assembly and a starter headlight assembly listed in the 1928 parts book. Both are listed as 1926 only. I believe the only difference in starter vs non starter is starter headlights use double contact bulbs, and non starter headlights us single contact. So probably the difference in the assemblies is just the sockets. The photos above appear to have single contact sockets due to the angle of the photo, but in fact are double contact sockets.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration