I wish I was there!-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I wish I was there!-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I don't know what is going on but it looks like my kind of fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:45 am:

Looks like a bunch of Walkers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 06:43 am:

Intriguing. Some sort of disaster? Looks to me like a fire. But when or where, I don't recognize the scene.
What catches my eye, is how many of the people are wearing white! And white around the devastation of a fire? Most of the men are wearing white shirts, no vest, and more than a few have white pants. There are many women in the photo, most of them wearing a white dress. There appears to be about sixty people, men, women, and children,poking through the mess. I can't tell how much of that stuff used to be a car or truck. Nearest vehicle looks like a burned out model T Ford. Beyond it looks like it might have been a bus body (piles of seat springs inside it), but I don't see the whole chassis? (Just makes me wonder even more what it was?) Behind it, looks to have been a dump truck non-Ford.

There was a very famous auto show fire in Los Angeles (about '29 or '30). And I think wasn't it Barney Pollard that had a building full of his collected cars go up in flames? I think that may have been in the early '50s which could help explain all the white shirts (popular at that time)? But I have seen a few photos of it, and this doesn't look like what I saw.

Interesting nonetheless. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

Must be hard to pick mushrooms with all those cars in the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Wow, that's real scary, apocalyptic, end-of-the-world type of stuff! Creepy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Must be 40 people dressed mostly in white looking for something UFO remains maybe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

The local car dealer was having a fire sale!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Definitely a fire as evidenced by the missing steering wheels, floor boards and and melted tires.

Looks to be a rural area that points to the possibility that a fast moving forest fire may have caught up to and swept over fleeing campers. Can't explain all the white, unless they are rescue/recovery workers from nearby hospitals, onsite to see if there are any survivors. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Just ask Steve. Isn't that him standing way of to the right side of the photo, wearing his trademark bibs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Strikes me that this was all commercial vehicles. Was there a commercial section to the Los Angeles show fire?

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration