Better than climbing the Courthouse steps-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Better than climbing the Courthouse steps-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Remember the photo of the Ford Model T climbing the Courthouse steps? I think this might be one better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

NO!! You have so much to live for, don't jump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

I guess the parking lot was full?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 03:54 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puM1k-S86nE

the Drifters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:31 am:

Alright...now I'd be particularly impressed if someone can shout off the year on that one considering the angle of the photograph. My knowledge would guess 13-16 but I can't see enough of the details I know to look for to determine anything more than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:35 am:

Wayne, I believe back then they were called the Roadsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:43 am:

Looks like a parts store on the ground floor so maybe an advertising gimmick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:47 am:

1914 by the looks of the windshield support rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:48 am:

The photo says it's from Litchfield Michigan.
Is that a clue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:49 am:

"But honey, I just took a left at the kitchen!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Depressed by the fact that the little Ford lost the big race to the Chevy he decided to end it all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:10 am:

I wonder if it's still up there.....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Must have jumped, or been talked down. Not there anymore!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Sorry, Ed. She musta jump(ed). -Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Well at least the building is still there, and in pretty decent shape too. Both nice pics guys. As for the car, RIP. Had to be a hard landing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Chris, we must have been workin' the keyboards at the same time :-) You're too fast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Looks like the building has an antique store now. I agree with Dennis on the year of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Not there a friend of mine owns the building oddly enough though he owns a 15 roadster and a 16 touring. I lived a block from there for several years. Now I drive by that corner every day on my way to work and live about 18 miles from that corner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Ah-heck there's not much that them little Fords can't bounce back from! :-) They'r so lite it probable floated down on a gust strong wind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Mark do you know if there is a way up there from the back that they might have used to get the car up there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:59 am:

They had Fred Macmurray drive it up there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:39 am:

With Help from Nancy Olson?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Chris and Ed
How did you find the current picture of the building?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Went by there again this morning and there is no way to get it up there. It had to be a huge amount of tugging and heavy lifting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Another Ford climbing the Capital steps. 25 or so years later . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Someone said Litchfield, Michigan, so I just "went" there on Google and "looked around". Google Earth view will give you a pretty good idea of what part of town is the old part, then you can cruise around in StreetView to find the particular building. Sometimes it's easier than others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

Robert,
that is a Willys Quad, not a Ford GPW.

(Odd ball, angular front fenders and headlights mounted between those fenders and grille, instead of behind the grille).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Thanks Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

If it is an antique store that Model T is probably in various parts inside the store for sale?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration