OT news Flash - Dave Dewey can't hold his dam water

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT news Flash - Dave Dewey can't hold his dam water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

I'm sure there's others affected but dam near Dave Dewey place may break to to the extra water they been getting in central California.
Just keep him and others in your thoughts

Lake Oroville is one of California's largest man-made lakes, and the 770-foot-tall Oroville Dam is the nation's tallest. The lake is a central piece of California's government-run water delivery network, supplying water for agriculture in the Central Valley and residents and businesses in Southern California......The dam is expected to collapse in the next day or so

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 12:19 am:

All reports I am reading say the dam in not in peril, only the auxiliary spillway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 03:12 am:

As fortune cookie might say, "See other thread" where I post some pics of the dam before the current crisis--yesterday (well, now it was the day BEFORE yesterday--OK Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:26 am:

My daughter mailed me this morning---My granddaughter who buys tractors for the state was warned about that that spill over Friday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Why don't they just send some of that water down south? They have that aqueduct, all they need to do is speed it up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Larry, Los Angeles already ripped off Owens valley's water. Now Moonbeam Jerky Brown wants to suck the delta dry too! Lucky Northern California! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

I wonder how many Model T's are imperiled by the impending disaster? The roads are bumper to bumper and the gas stations are closed. So people have to take with them what is most important to their lives and very quickly, and although the Model T's are favorites, they are not necessary to preserve life. Similar to when we had to evacuate in 2003 when we saw the flames coming over the mountain about a mile from our house. We took our modern car and pickup but left the Model T's behind. The fire came within 100' but didn't damage anything on our property. We were very fortunate.

For Larry, The aqueduct is connected far below the dam and could not possibly take as much water as is coming over the spillway. California went from a severe drought to flood stage in a couple months. This is record rain and snow on the mountains.

Our governor is more interested in building a high speed train to nowhere, than fixing our water problems.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration