Head bolt size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Head bolt size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 12:47 am:

What size are the head bolts on my 1919. I plan on buying 4 longer bolts to use as lifting points when I remove engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:36 am:

7/16-#14 thread.length will vary depending on high,or low head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:59 am:

An eye bolt welded into the thread base of an old spark plug works well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 02:28 am:

A lot of folk use one spark plug hole, but I dislike the notion of concentrating all that weight in one spot. I use pieces of 7/16"-14 all-thread. With all-thread I don't need different lengths with or without a head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Here is what Ford said use. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Dan really cool whAt did the hooks hook onto or under? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Works like this:

The spade goes just above the valve chamber and grabs the block lip and the open hoop grabs # 4 cylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 04:30 am:

Look at page 11 in the Ford Service Book. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration