To Those Going To Motoring in Montana in July

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: To Those Going To Motoring in Montana in July
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:35 am:

.....and have sticker shock at lodging prices in Whitefish/Kalispel : wife and I have reserved a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house for the Saturday night before the tour to the Friday night banquet. See idescottage.com It rents for $303 @ night and comfortably sleeps 8 but could accommodate 10. I had a $1279 reservation at the Kalispel La Quinta but cancelled. We're bringing a '26 roadster and a too-cute Shih Tzu dog Are we a big Model T family or not? Contact me if you're ready to commit....george house .. gwhouse731@gmail.com or (512) 376-4180

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Great idea ...

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 09:00 am:

$303@night absorbed by 8 of us Model T tourers is only $38 a night per person for a fully furnished house ! Anyone going on that tour aware of the high price of Whitefish accommodations?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Several years ago some friends went to a small tour in that area without reservations. The walk-in rate was $559 for a single queen. It wasn't even a spiffy place, just the last room in town - or so they were told.

I'm doing the youth auction on Thursday night and I told them they had to get me a room, I can't afford that kind of bite for a bed and bathroom. I don't care about breakfast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:05 am:

For $1279 a night, La Quinta better supply the booze, band, and 200 horny hookers !

I still have my bed kit from AFG. I can take position under my truck for night ops for $0.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

The $1279 was more than likely for the week, don't you think??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:28 am:

That's correct Stan. $1279 divided by 7 days is $183 @ night. That's about twice what I'm prepared to spend, I very happily paid the $410 to the tour organizers before I realized the regional cost of lodging. If I can't find some "roommates" to share cost of that nice house, we'll have to cancel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:21 am:

We got a room at a motel in Whitefish. $120 a night. There are places to stay other than the resort. Do an internet search for area motels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Bump

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Been there, done that Pat. That's where I initially reserved a La Quinta room for a week. We're somewhat handicapped in that we travel with a small dog - a tour dog and this Ides Cottage is 'pet friendly'. Yeah, I spent the better part of a day on the Internet and telephone. Glacier and Yellowstone is just too much of a tourist draw for my budget. ... Still lookin' for Motoring in Montana housemates..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

I plan on staying at the KOA, family friendly in case the wife and daughter want to relax by the pool instead of putting along in an old car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

George, that's a great deal. I'd take you up on it but I'm not going on the tour and will probably only be there Wednesday - Saturday, plus I'll be alone so it doesn't work so well for me. But it's a great deal!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Morning Bump,

Good to talk with you George !

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Several of us got rooms for 120$ per night. I would have to check with the wife to see which one in Whitefish we are at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

James,

I had a good friend - Frank - who was a plumber.

Married to his wife for more than 40 years.

Anytime he had to think about things, he would say:

" Gotta Check With The War Department "

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Yes. I would do $120 a night. Although it's about equal to a fancy B&B on the Texas coast in the middle of summer...Sure wish several other Model T families would enjoy after-tour fellowship in this resort house. Gonna give it a few more weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

We are staying here:

Big Mountain Lodge
6390 Hwy 93 S
Whitefish , MT
Zip: 59937
Tel: (406) 862-4020

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

I saw a condo right at the Big Mountain ski area where we stayed last time on VRBO at the Edelweiss for $103. for a two bedroom.

Where will the hospitality room be this year? Anyone know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Formerly Florida Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:50 am:

Morning Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Thanks James. I called Big Mountain Lodge and they have no vacancy from 15 July - 21 July but the desk clerk said there's a new Hilton in Kalispel. Googled the number and called it and got a dude in El Salvador. He told me the rate was only $289 @ night and $269 with my military discount - which defeats the purpose of sharing this Ides Cottage. I'll give it another week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

The best prices for lodging is the WMR when you share a Condo. These are luxury condos with a private bathroom for each bedroom so they are easy to share with a common kitchen and living room. Most have laundry facilities as well. Dave Cooley prepared a lodging list that showed what the cost would be in Whitefish outside of the WMR so no one should have been surprised with the lodging costs.

Share a condo with other Model T friends. It will be around $90/couple per night. You can post a note on the 2017TourLodging facebook page to find others who may be willing to share a condo. Do this soon as our block on the condos goes away on March 31st.

The hospitality suite will be in Ed&Mully's adjacent to Morning Glory and Edelweiss condos. The chair lift to the Summit Dinner and the opening BBQ is a short walk from the condos.

John Barr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

I'm now announcing END OF THREAD. I've had to cancel out and John has graciously said my check amount will be returned. Many thanks John and I hope I wasn't too much trouble. Also, nearly all of my $1000 deposit on the Ides Cottage will be returned. The confusion was all my fault. I assumed WMR would be pet friendly and they're not. Ides Cottage is the only accommodation I could find in Whitefish that would allow pets but we couldn't afford $303 @ night X 7 nights - or $1279 for 7 LaQuinta nights in Kalispel. Motoring in Montana looks to be a delightful and reasonably priced tour and I wish all participants the best of times. Wife and I traveled last year and put the dog in a kennel for 7 days....... and we both experienced near fatal separation anxiety.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Bump

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration