Brass Cars in Winter Storage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass Cars in Winter Storage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

This assortment of brass era cars date from or before 1905, based on the C2--- Connecticut prefix on the far right car. Probably in for winter storage in the Waterbury, CT area from where I obtained this picture. How many can you identify? Which one would you like to have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

one hell i want them all. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Hey Will, Is that your garage? You can't fool us, we know that you've got lots and lots of brass cars. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

I'd probably take any of them. Second from the right, while likely one of the less valuable, is the most appealing to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

I knew someone would say they wanted them all! Me too, but unfortunately Keith, they are not in my garage. Sorry the photo is not clearer, the original is sharper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

In Connecticut, the white over black state-issued porcelain plate was in use from October 1905 through 1909. 1910 was white over red.

I would say the photo is later than 1905.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

I agree, Erik, it is later than 1905. The car second from the right is a 1909 Mitchell, so it was taken in late 1908 at the earliest. Here is the 1909 Mitchell we used to have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Hi Will,
That looks like your Garage!! Can you get your trailer out of the snow? See you in Florida.
Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

The car third from the right is a Pope Hartford, around 1908.

Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration