OT HF hvlp spray gun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT HF hvlp spray gun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

A bunch of you guys said that paint gun from Harbor Freight was good? You are talking about
the gravity feed one for $13.99?
What kind of paint do you put in it when painting
your T and parts for the T (wheels etc?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

I got a pretty nice HPLV gun from Northern Equipment for about $40.00 and it has been a good investment. I noticed that Home Depot has a pretty nice copy of a Binks 15 Jam gun that was pretty inexpensive as well.
My Binks 15 is my go to gun for painting small lots or single small parts. You can find them on e-Bay for less than $100 for a real Binks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

I buy them when they are on sale and I have a discount coupon. I get everything I want to spray together, load up the gun, shoot the parts and throw the gun away when I am done. It costs more in solvents and time to clean them. I am a marginal painter at best but I can pass the "red face test" using the Harbor Freight gun and given my limited skill I doubt a more expensive gun would improve things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

I've used HF "professional" series HVLP guns. They do a pretty good job. My biggest problem with HF paint guns are the seals. I replace most of the seals in them with good fuel resistant o-rings after cleaning the first time. Mostly I shoot single stage urethanes over well prepped primer. Of the brands I like for the money, TCP Global's Restoration shop paint ranks right up there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration