Installing wood top on my 27 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing wood top on my 27 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael C Baumgartner on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

The only thing I couldn't salvage from the original car before restoration was the wooden top from my 27 coupe. Hind sight being 20/20 of course I wished I had kept the original and worked off of that installing pieces or replacing some but being stupid at the time I discarded it. I purchased a new wooden frame but it is way off, I've posted before looking for pointers but I'm still way off. I was looking to see if anyone has an original frame that they were looking to sell because at this point I would rather rebuild or modify an original then try to make this one fit. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.....Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Can you revise the pieces of the wooden kit you have to fit the top of your coupe or using the kit pieces and the way they join, completely custom cut new ones?

Perhaps you can take a piece of 1/2" plywood and set it on top of your roof then trace around it, then lay it on the floor. This will give you an exact template of your top onto which to fit the pieces of your kit and re-cut to size. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Get hold of Don Booth on here. He's a wood boat guy, and has done body wood on three Fordors and a coupe. He's up to date on the latest materials and adhesives.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration