Old photo - 1912 T in Sweden

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - 1912 T in Sweden
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 05:23 am:

This 1920 photo shows when the '12 was sold from the Stockholm area to Artur Bengtsson from Hamneda in the province of Småland. Odd rear fender - maybe it was intentionally bent for a more modern style?

hhhhh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:19 am:

Nice photo but his speedometer isn't working.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:13 am:

The women appear to be possessed by demons.

Is that Paul Newman in the back seat ?

The photo actually looks like a Terry Gilliam collage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Burger, you nailed it. Question: is this pic before or after a nice meal of Spam, Spam, sausage and Spam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:21 am:

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Off to find shrubbery...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

They bravely ran away.................

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

The driver almost looks like he could be a son of Hitler, and Burger's right..guy in back sure does look like Paul Newman!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Maybe since the picture is from 1920 that could be a later rear fender. I don't know how you could bend a flat fender round without a lot of work modifying the skirt that hangs down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

I always wondered why the didn't have rift hand drive cars in Sweden in those days.
I drove up there in 1958 and saw very few right hand drive cars.
The ones I did see usually had British plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:38 am:

There are other people twisted enough to know "... Been shopping... Whatdja buy? A piston engine... Whatcha gonna do with that? Mmm bake it, I 'spose." ???
Burger. You started it with the Gilliam collage... It does look like that! No it doesn't. Yes, it does!
A very bad play on the Dead Parrot Sketch.
Ehh Hem.
The Swedish folks are very intense. Some Norse's are the same. :-)

Rodger, VERY cool photo! Thank you.
The way the driver has the windshield set works pretty good in cool weather. True.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:50 am:

Roger,
Is it just the fender or has there been a panel inserted in the body aft of the rear door? If the body was so modified and lengthened, it would allow room for a jump seat on the back of the front seat, just where the lady peeking over the drivers shoulder would be. A 1912 touring rear fender that fastens under the rear body would not fit and this fender could be the replacement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 02:57 am:

The same rear fender is featured on some 1912/13 Model T's in Australia. Could be it was at some stage available for Ford's of the period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 06:35 am:

I believe Layden is correct that the body has been stretched by adding a panel. Look at the curve that is designed to follow the original fender. It is broken by the added panel and then continues after that panel.

Compare that to the cropped photo of the 1912 slab side with rear door handle shown below. (Thank you Jay for posting that complete photo at http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/407412.html?1386966238 .)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

If the occupants in the original picture were cut-and-pasted into the photo,
what makes anyone think the car itself wasn't altered by the cut-and-paste
artist ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration