How to post photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How to post photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:23 am:

I was into my forties or early fifties before computers became popular. My life and time are not absorbed by iphones and computers, therefore I am classed computer illiterate. I need to post some photos in the forum classifieds. I have hesitated to attempt it because of the reported difficulty. Would some of you computer savvy T'ers post a step by step #1 #2 #3 sequence to do this? I use a laptop with Windows 8 (which I hate). I have not upgraded ??? to windows 10 for fear it will be even worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Lenny, I can post links, I guess, to photos but have not figured out how to put the actual photos on here. I was told to go to Formatting in the menu at the top of this page, but still can't get it to work.
Soon, I will drive my car up the mountain to your house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Step # 1 Resize your photos....not to a 1" X 1" size, or close to that...but resize to number of kb -data parts in computer language get the pictures to 175 kb or slightly less.
That is the most important step.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/459224.html?1404783339

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

This site's ancient software has a picture file size limit of 250 KB. The good news is that it's easy to achieve that, even if you're stuck with Windows.

Make a copy to resize and keep the original full size in case you need it later.

Google "free photo resize" and use one of the free websites to make your picture copy 250 KB or less.

Click Upload Attachment below.

Click Browse.

Find your copy and click Upload. Done.

There are other methods, but I think this one is pretty easy. With a Mac I can get the file size to exactly 250 KB or within a couple of KB, but even with Windows you can come pretty close. Just don't overdo the shrinkage, or you'll get something tiny like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

And Steve wrote more..

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/691594.html?1478616478

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Yeah, but I didn't want to get into the Mac details here as these guys are using Windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

what did you mean when you said dont overdo the shrinkage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Doug, I meant don't go much under 250 KB. Here's a picture resized to 231 KB.

And here it is at 66 KB.

And 180 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Shrinkage? "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel D. Dunham on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

My two T's are a1926 roadster, "Cora Lee" and a 1915 touring, "Goldie May".

The A's are a 1928 "Tudor" and a 1930 "Fordor".

The other is a 1990 is Isuzu "Trooper" that I bought new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Steve Jelf,

I think you swapped the sizes on the last two photos. You may want to edit your post so you don't confuse people. Just trying to be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

I don't know Steve, any time I post pics I do
the 250 size and they always come out the size
of your second pic. I do it on windows 10 with
the paint thingy. Maybe because you use a Mac.
I cant understand how you guys post these giant
pictures, mine wont go that big, I guess
I have shrinkage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Tod, the brief time allowed for me to edit my post has passed. You're right, that's a typo on the last picture. It should say 18 KB, not 180.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

And here's the same picture at 64Kb.

Software that will let you change Picture Size and File Size separately should mean there's no reason to have postage sized pics on this forum. Free software has been around for at least 20 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

There is another number that affects the photo size. That is called Dots Per Inch or DPI for short.

What ever size you use gets changed to 72 DPI when sent through the Internet for some reason.

So a 300 DPI 6 X 4 inch photo can end up on another computer as a 24.9 X 16.6 photo at 72 DPI.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration