OT - Don't just use someone's name as a thread subject... Please!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Don't just use someone's name as a thread subject... Please!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

I have commented on this before. If I am looking for Freddy Schwartz, a good thread title is "Looking for Freddy Schwartz" or "Freddy Schwartz, please contact me."

If I see a thread with just the title "Freddy Schwartz," then my first thought is that Freddy has died and someone wants to let his forum friends know.

Please save me from heart stoppages.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Dick

I saw the same post and scared the crap out of me too!
I am still here or maybe I am back, not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Mike, you guessed it. I was startled when I saw that post.

Glad you're still okay. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 03:06 am:

Dick, I remember when you posted that, it bothers me too. More than a few of the regular posters/friends on here are no longer with us and that was the way we were notified. It seems that not everyone has gotten the message. Not a big deal, but is still sometimes disconcerting. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 03:08 am:

Turd Fergeson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:20 am:

My response is always, who the heck is Freddy Schwartz?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration