Sediment valve packing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Sediment valve packing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement packing (#2902-pack ... Langs # ) for a sediment valve on a 26/27 T .... Langs can't seem to get it in .... Thanks for any help ... Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:51 am:

I had the same problem with my 26/27 bowl. No packing currently avail. I was told to check at faucet plumbing dept. Found a neoprene washer and some thick felt packing that may work. Had to hog out the center though and used waterproof grease to slip it on easier. Haven't tried it yet with a few other projects.
Langs did tell me that the packing washers were originally made from leather. Maybe a local cobbler/hobby leather shop might have something ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:54 am:

I had the same problem with my 26/27 bowl. No packing currently avail. I was told to check at faucet plumbing dept. Found a neoprene washer and some thick felt packing that may work. Had to hog out the center though and used waterproof grease to slip it on easier. Haven't tried it yet with a few other projects.
Langs did tell me that the packing washers were originally made from leather. Maybe a local cobbler/hobby leather shop might have something ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:11 am:

Anything once made of leather can be re-made and probably fairly easily. Post a picture or drawing (with dimensions) ? Maybe I can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:50 am:

I supply these to Lang's. Apparently there was a disconnect somewhere as I wasn't aware they were out of them. They will be back in stock Friday afternoon.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Here's a thought:

You can go to your local Tandy Leather. Where I live, they have remnants and scraps cheap.

Then, go to your local Harbor Freight and pick up a set of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-hollow-punch-set-3838.html

Don't forget your 20% off coupon.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2902C-PACK.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 05:35 am:

Dave S.,where have you been? How's the book coming on the '25 coupes? Looking forward to it. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

I have used graphite packing which is available from companies that deal in process pumps, valves and mechanical seals. Most recently I just used tap washers.
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

Lang's has the packing now. My order shipped today.

David Sosnoski, THANKS

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration